print/copy to LPT1

Hello everyone,

I have been sitting for a week now, trying to figure out AutoIt.

I have made a script that will create a txt file, but now I need it to print it to the LPT1 port, but I simply can not figure out how to.

Can you please help me.

Cheers

How about using _FilePrint

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• 2 weeks later...

How about using _FilePrint

Well thats not very helpful and this seems to be the answer to all who has a printing question. So please if you dont have any helpful info, just dont reply.

I need it to print directly to LPT1. I dont need the windows printer selection dialog box. When I hit the print button on my autoit script, it will print automatically to LPT1.

Cheers

Well thats not very helpful and this seems to be the answer to all who has a printing question. So please if you dont have any helpful info, just dont reply.

I need it to print directly to LPT1. I dont need the windows printer selection dialog box. When I hit the print button on my autoit script, it will print automatically to LPT1.

Cheers

IF you had tried the _FilePrint example in the help file you would have seen that it does not use the windows printer selection dialog box but prints directly to the default printer. Because you said that you generated a .txt file then using _FilePrint is the easiest way to print it IMHO.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother