AutoIT thru remote desktop

I'm using AutoIT on Windows 2003 through remote desktop. Everything works great, but whenever the Remote Desktop Window isn't in focus, it seems my scripts get stuck on WinActive.

I did some searches, and saw only some other problems with closing out the Remote Desktop sessions and having the same symptoms. I'm not closing it out, the Window is just not in focus. I have no problems with leaving a bunch of remote desktop windows open..., but for my application I need to be running this autoit script on a bunch of different Windows machines simultaneously.

Are there any settings (maybe remote desktop?) or functions in autoit similar to WinActive that would be more friendly under Remote Desktop?

Any help is appreciated.. my next thought is trying my autoit sessions under VMWare guests, and hoping those Windows don't have the same problem..

I'm using AutoIT on Windows 2003 through remote desktop. Everything works great, but whenever the Remote Desktop Window isn't in focus, it seems my scripts get stuck on WinActive.

I did some searches, and saw only some other problems with closing out the Remote Desktop sessions and having the same symptoms. I'm not closing it out, the Window is just not in focus. I have no problems with leaving a bunch of remote desktop windows open..., but for my application I need to be running this autoit script on a bunch of different Windows machines simultaneously.

Are there any settings (maybe remote desktop?) or functions in autoit similar to WinActive that would be more friendly under Remote Desktop?

Any help is appreciated.. my next thought is trying my autoit sessions under VMWare guests, and hoping those Windows don't have the same problem..

Are you trying to check to see if the window is active or are you trying to activate the window to receive the focus? If you need to receive focus you should use WinActivate()

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

Are you trying to check to see if the window is active or are you trying to activate the window to receive the focus? If you need to receive focus you should use WinActivate()

Should have made it more clear:

I meant to say WinActivate .. WinActive was in my mind, because my check with WinActive kept failing ..

Should have made it more clear:

I meant to say WinActivate .. WinActive was in my mind, because my check with WinActive kept failing ..

Are you running the scripts from the remote computer or are you trying to activate the remote desktop window itself?

Also try using WinGetHandle()

Edited by EndFunc
EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.