How to Automate File Menu of SciTE

Hi All,

I'd like to automate closing down SciTE with a script by clicking on the File|Exit menu.. or any items on the file menu for that matter.... When I hover over it with Au3Info, it doesn't return a control ID or classname for that control. (I don't want to use key strokes...)

I've successfully automated it in the past using auto3Lib and accidentally deleted that script :whistle: So was wondering if anyone could quickly remind me which functions in the auto3Lib actually work with Menus like this.. thanks!

Scrubby

Why not WinClose?

:whistle: Because I'm not actually trying to close the editor as much as I'm trying to figure out how to drive the menus. I want to be able to select any item on the menu, but without a control id or classname I can't use the traditional methods. I've done it successfully in the past using functions in auto3Lib where I select the HWND of the window and then the indexes of as many child pop ups as I want, I just can't find that function, I was hoping someone else here knew how to do it!

Thanks!

Scrubby

:whistle: Because I'm not actually trying to close the editor as much as I'm trying to figure out how to drive the menus. I want to be able to select any item on the menu, but without a control id or classname I can't use the traditional methods. I've done it successfully in the past using functions in auto3Lib where I select the HWND of the window and then the indexes of as many child pop ups as I want, I just can't find that function, I was hoping someone else here knew how to do it!

Thanks!

Scrubby

I see it isn't easy for others either :P I'll keep plugging away at this, I know it can be solved!

Scrubby

I see it isn't easy for others either :whistle: I'll keep plugging away at this, I know it can be solved!

Scrubby

K I figured this out, took me all day, but I got it!

I was missing the handle to the file menu. I finally found the function that gets that for me. It's called _Menu_GetMenu($hwnd). Once I had that, it was a simple plug into the _Menu_ClickItem function call in the Auto3Lib library and I was up accessing menus! Yeah!!!

Aaron