New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.73

Jos

• Developers

3/31/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains the new SciTE 1.73 released yesterday.

See below for the list of all changes.

Happy Scripting :whistle:

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

3/30/2007
*** Updated SciTE v 1.73 (Neil Hodgson)
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v1.7.7 (JdeB)
    - Added resource Language compiler directive  #Compiler_Res_Language=2057.
    - Fixed conflict when both #Compiler_OutFile_Type and #Compiler_OutFile are used.
*** Updated Tidy v 2.0.8 (JdeB)
    - Added support for Struct...EndStruct introduced in AutoIt3 v3.2.3.0.
*** Updated CodeSnippet v 1.0.5.7 (gafrost)
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update JdeB

If i could I would like to make a small request.

It seems the installer for SciTe4AutoIt3 has "open" au3 files on click set as default, and Autoit installer has the default set to "run" au3 files on click

Could we get the autoit installer to match the SciTE installer??

I think this would be a good idea for many reasons...

1 Scite and Autoit would match

2 Users "normally" use the default settings

3 If a user clicks on an "au3" file it should not run, in my opinion due to possible malicious files or???

....it is clear that a compiled script should run

There are a couple more reasons... but you get the idea

as always, thanks for the continuing hard work JdeB

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png

No, cause there is great advantages to have an autoit script execute just like a command file does. Just because you and others have taken a safer path does not mean AutoIt by default should do the same. I more believe in uncompiled files when it comes to AutoIt then Compiled. I guess when you share or other then compile is a way to go but not as a computer admin as standard use. So using au3 as executable by association can help admins or home users etc...through daily business without need of compiling. An Au3 can be a powerful weapon and easy to update as no decompilation or other crap is needed to update...

• Developers

It seems the installer for SciTe4AutoIt3 has "open" au3 files on click set as default, and Autoit installer has the default set to "run" au3 files on click

I pretty sure the AutoIt3 installer doesn't prompt you for it unless you say to uninstall AutoIt3 first .. Then indeed it does default to Open because Jon prefers Open as the default and I have never been able to convince him otherwise ...

The SciTE4AutoIt3 installer reads the registry and presents the current active option.

:whistle:

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well, let's face it. If you put an au3 file in the startup folder and it is set for edit as default, then you lose a good functional action, don't you?

Edited by MHz

Well, let's face it. If you put an au3 file in the startup folder and it is set for edit as default, then you lose a good functional action, don't you?

I agree with the idea, but...

if you are knowledgeable enough to "want" that script to run ( in start-up ) you can easily change the default.

..right???

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I pretty sure the AutoIt3 installer doesn't prompt you for it unless you say to uninstall AutoIt3 first .. Then indeed it does default to Open because Jon prefers Open as the default and I have never been able to convince him otherwise ...

The SciTE4AutoIt3 installer reads the registry and presents the current active option.

1 I double clicked and the au3 file, it opened in SciTE

2 I download beta, uninstalled, clicked next and got this...

Posted Image

seems "Run" is the default

8)

EDIT:

Does this change SciTE settings???

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

• Developers

1 I double clicked and thew au3 file opened in SciTE

2 I download beta, uninstalled, clicked next and gort this...

Posted Image

seems "Run" is the default

8)

Correct .. isn't that what I said ? :whistle: (Jon prefers Run over Edit as the default)

I don't like the Run as default myself and prefer the Edit as default for Open.

Try it without the uninstall option and you won;t be prompted and the original values will stay in the registry ....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry Val,

I fail to see the debate as it can be useful to set as run, but most of us use full Scite4AutoIt3 so why the bother of pursuing the default of the autoit installer?

The three reasons i stated previously and.. When someone uses Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3, it will "double" run the script... because i opend it in SciTE and run it with Auoit at the same time.

8)

NEWHeader1.png

.. Then indeed it does default to Open because Jon prefers Open ...

Correct .. isn't that what I said ? :whistle: (Jon prefers Run over Edit as the default)

I see what you are saying, as I posted the question,

Open = Edit to me

Open = Run to you

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

The three reasons i stated previously and.. When someone uses Welcome to Autoit 1-2-3, it will "double" run the script... because i opend it in SciTE and run it with Auoit at the same time.

8)

You have no power over how a user sets an association, so you within your program must instruct Edit, Run or whatever is needed. Surely that is possible?

Edit:

You nust take control of running or editting a script other then a users association.

Edited by MHz

• Developers

Sorry Val,

I fail to see the debate as it can be useful to set as run, but most of us use full Scite4AutoIt3 so why the bother of pursuing the default of the autoit installer?

Ok let me try again to make things clear here as far as the installers are concerned:

AutoIt3 installer defaults to Run for Open but leaves the setting alone when you skip the Uninstall.

SciTE4Autoit3 will retrieve the current setting from the Registry and present that as the default in the option menu.

The discussion on whats the best default for Open is fine but as stated, that decision was made a while ago and its Run.

My point is that there is no real difference in the installers other than that the initial choice is made when AutoIt3 is installed and the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer just uses what is already there ....

Hope this clear things up a bit ... :whistle:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos -

I've installed the new version of SciTE4AutoIt3. Now when I "Compile with Options", the "Update Target program resource information" option on the Resource Hack tab is not checked. Below are my compiler directives in my script. Am I missing something?

Screenshot: https://secure.f-dl.us/scrn/img0000067.jpg

#Region
#Compiler_Prompt=Y
#Compiler_AUTOIT3=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe
#Compiler_AUT2EXE=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe
#Compiler_Icon=C:\Documents and Settings\whippk\My Documents\Scripts\RanPass\Images\icon.ico
#Compiler_OutFile=C:\Documents and Settings\whippk\My Documents\Scripts\RanPass\Object Code\RanPass.exe
#Compiler_OutFile_Type=EXE
#Compiler_Compression=4
#Compiler_Allow_Decompile=Y
;#Compiler_PassPhrase=
#Compiler_UseUpx=Y
#Compiler_Res_Comment=Generate a random password and store it in the Windows clipboard.
#Compiler_Res_Description=Random password to clipboard.
#Compiler_Res_FileVersion=0.0.0.1
#Compiler_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=Y
#Compiler_Res_Language=1033
#Compiler_Res_LegalCopyright=2006-2007 Kevin Whipp
#Compiler_Res_Field=Contact E-mail|software@whipp.us
#Compiler_Res_Field=Website|http://whipp.us
#Compiler_Res_Field=Date Compiled|%date%
#Compiler_Res_Field=Time Compiled|%time%
#Compiler_Run_Tidy=Y
#Compiler_Tidy_Stop_onerror=Y
;#Tidy_Parameters=
#Compiler_Run_AU3Check=Y
;#Compiler_AU3Check_Parameters=
;#Compiler_AU3Check_Dat=
#Compiler_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=N
;#Compiler_PlugIn_Funcs=
;#Compiler_Run_Before=
;#Compiler_Run_After=
#Compiler_Run_cvsWrapper=N
#Run_Debug_Mode=N
#EndRegion

- Kevin

• Developers

Jos -

I've installed the new version of SciTE4AutoIt3. Now when I "Compile with Options", the "Update Target program resource information" option on the Resource Hack tab is not checked. Below are my compiler directives in my script. Am I missing something?

Have you tried to tick the "Update Target program resource information" checkbox ?

That should enable the fields.

Question for you:

I don't know why you would use "Compile with Options" from Windows Explorer when you have all needed information in the Script.

Presumably you have the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 or else you wouldn't ask this question, so why not just Hit F7 from within SciTE?

This will do everything without showing the Options GUI. The Options Gui is how this program started, but I have since then implemented the Compiler directives and am not expanding the GUI anymore, so several options not available in the GUI.

You can also skip these directives when using the standard Production or Beta versions:

#Compiler_AUTOIT3=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe

#Compiler_AUT2EXE=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe

When you Hit F7 its compiled with the latest installed production version and Alt+F7 will compile with the Latest installed Beta.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

4/14/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains the new Obfuscator program also integrated in AutoIt3Wrapper.

Read here for details about Obfuscator.

See below for the list of all changes.

Happy Scripting :shocked:

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extras you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

4/10/2007
*** Added Obfuscator.exe v1.0.0 (JdeB)
    - Obfuscate your compiled source to make it less readable, NOT Safe.
*** Updated Tidy v 2.0.9 (JdeB)
    - Minor fixes.
*** Updated AutoIt3Wrapper v1.8.0 (JdeB)
    - Added Obfuscator run logic and also run au3check on the obfuscated source.
    - Added Support for Directive #compiler_run_obfuscator, #obfuscator_parameters,
                  #Obfuscator_Off and #Obfuscator_On.
Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It does not say if the latest KODA is in here?

My question is...was it asked to be included? Seems fair to ask as you have asked... :shocked:

Edit:

Whether the latest version is safe for general use would depend on the developers of Koda...

It is same for me to pass along abbreviations etc to JdeB, as I would like to commit the changes and JdeB includes the changes, so if the supply line is broken for some reason of not giving notice then it may not be the fault of JdeB. Just a thought to consider.

Edited by MHz