Newbie - need to get to grips with Autoit

Hi - i am newbie to the world of Autoit and scripting...i have downloaded vers 3.2.2 and th 123 files for tuition & examples etc..

could somebody please point me in the direction of documentation or helpfiles that will help a complete newcomer get started (pref autoit for dummies!)

is there no front end autoit prog that encompasses all the of the individual autouit components?

thanks

deebee

Are you aware that there are also a helpfile included in AutoIt ?

thanks helge...yes i've been reading through but think i'm out of my depth at the moment, hence trying to find more novice esque docs...

p.s - is there no central program where all components etc open into or are they just seperate components that you use scripting in notepad?

I have close to no idea what you're talking about. More novice ? Well, on what level are you on now ?

Do you understand the basic syntax ? Just do like I did when I first started... Watch examples, run them,

put them apart, modify them and understand them and what your changes did. Keep the helpfile open at

all time to check out what the different parameters on the functions used are and what they do.

If you're really blank you can check out the tutorial that LxP made some while ago. That's pretty much as

novice as you can get it really. If you were thinking of something else then please do tell.

Edited by Helge

Hi - i am newbie to the world of Autoit and scripting...i have downloaded vers 3.2.2 and th 123 files for tuition & examples etc..

could somebody please point me in the direction of documentation or helpfiles that will help a complete newcomer get started (pref autoit for dummies!)

is there no front end autoit prog that encompasses all the of the individual autouit components?

thanks

deebee

AutoIt Helpfile is really GREAT, so don't worry and look into it.

There are also sections for beginners which you shouldn't miss:

Using AutoIt

Tutorials

Language Reference

For AutoIt GUI design I recommend Koda

where you can visually design GUI for your AutoIt application and it will generate AutoIt GUI code for you.