GUI to persist

I am writing a small GUI to act as a HUD to interact with several outside application running.

I set GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) and the GUI appear until the application tries to interact with the outside applications. Then is disappears.

Is there a way to have the GUI persist on the screen during it's interaction with outside apps?

Thanks in advance,

hapos

Maybe you could make a small sample code to show what you are trying to do.... or post your code. This will help others to help you.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Maybe you could make a small sample code to show what you are trying to do.... or post your code. This will help others to help you.

I would certainly post some code, but before I do this, I think the problem was I was running a WinActivate command outside of a GUI function. Does this sound like something that would make the GUI HUD disappear?

Does your GUI stay active if you comment out the winactivate part?

I'm wondering if you have a main loop in your code that keeps it running in the first place. if not the program will do what you have told it to, then if its not waiting for something, it will just end and your program will close.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]