Press a button rapidly while holding down another button?

Heres what i got:

#include <Misc.au3>
HotKeySet("{F8}", "Toggle")
Global $running = 0

While 1
   If $running Then
    If _IsPressed("02") Then
        Send("z")
        Sleep(10)
      EndIf
    Else
    Sleep(10)
   EndIf   
wEnd

Func Toggle()
    $running = NOT $running
EndFunc

And it doesnt work too well, it works slightly better if IsPressed is set to a keyboard key (a) but it still isnt all that.

The main problem is it doesnt seem to be consistent, im using this to do a few repetitive tasks in some games and timing needs to be perfect but after a few seconds of running the script the timing isnt perfect anymore and seems like there is a 1 second delay between keypresses.

(The way im testing this script out right now is just with simple jumping in games like Counter-Strike.

The second problem is when you press another key it seems to stop the Ispressed for a few seconds so:

Press and Hold RightMouse, starts pressing "z" every 10ms but if you press "w" while still holding RightMouse it stops pressing "z" for a fewseconds.

Learn to play the game instead of cheating :whistle:

Sigh... I dont even know why i bothered, i got it working fine with AutoHotKey. Eventhough I think Autoit is FAR better, the community over there seems way better.

IMHO

I've found this community very helpful, they just (in general) don't have a lot of tolerance for people creating bots, viruses, and other assorted garbage. This is a powerful and fairly easy to learn scripting language that was not designed for, and therefor not particularly suited to, that kind of usage. Not to mention that its not the direction most people here want it to go as it "makes us look bad" in many people's eyes. YMMV.

-SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

IMHO

I've found this community very helpful, they just (in general) don't have a lot of tolerance for people creating bots, viruses, and other assorted garbage. This is a powerful and fairly easy to learn scripting language that was not designed for, and therefor not particularly suited to, that kind of usage. Not to mention that its not the direction most people here want it to go as it "makes us look bad" in many people's eyes. YMMV.

-SpookMeister

IAWTC

It's not just your Humble Opinion, Its mine to.

Little do many people know, the AHK forums winds up with alot of the rejects from this forum who just came here to make a bot and get pissy when they were turned down.

Personally, I think all it does is make this forum just that much better.

Sigh... I dont even know why i bothered, i got it working fine with AutoHotKey. Eventhough I think Autoit is FAR better, the community over there seems way better.

Better because you got the answer you wanted ?

Automating games isn't exactly a popular subject for everyone, and very often also not allowed in games,

so if they don't feel like helping you then that's their choice. You shared your view on this in your first post

and Shevilie shared his view. Calling a community worse because they chose to not help you do things like

this, is really unfair.

You could've said that "the botting-community over there seems way better". After all, this is a automation-

community and not a botting-community !