Names of files/folders in FTP server root directory.

Hello friends,

I am trying to download the available files with the InetGet() function using ftp. How can I get a list of files/folders present in the source ftp folder so that I can download them one by one into the local folder using the InetGet() function? [ I suppose, the InetGet() function downloads one fiel at a time ].

An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sabu

Hello friends,

I am trying to download the available files with the InetGet() function using ftp. How can I get a list of files/folders present in the source ftp folder so that I can download them one by one into the local folder using the InetGet() function? [ I suppose, the InetGet() function downloads one fiel at a time ].

An early reply would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Sabu

If you are using ftp you do not need InetGet. Have you looked at any of the ftp.au3 UDF's?

If not then I can send you one that I use which I forget how I got but I think it is a collection of the best I could find on the forum, because some of the ftp.au3 posts have bugs.

The one I use has the following functions

;_FTPPutFile

;_FTPOpen

;_FTPConnect

;_FTPDelFile

;_FTPRenameFile

;_FTPMakeDir

;_FTPDelDir

;_FTPClose

;_FTPPutFolderContents

;_FTPCommand

;_FTPGetCurrentDir

;_FtpSetCurrentDir

;_FTPGetFileSize

;_FTPFileFindFirst

;_FTPFileFindNext

;_FTPFileFindClose

;_FTPGetFile

; _FileTimeToSystemTime

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

If you are using ftp you do not need InetGet. Have you looked at any of the ftp.au3 UDF's?

If not then I can send you one that I use which I forget how I got but I think it is a collection of the best I could find on the forum, because some of the ftp.au3 posts have bugs.

;_FTPPutFile

;_FTPOpen

;_FTPConnect

;_FTPDelFile

;_FTPRenameFile

;_FTPMakeDir

;_FTPDelDir

;_FTPClose

;_FTPPutFolderContents

;_FTPCommand

;_FTPGetCurrentDir

;_FtpSetCurrentDir

;_FTPGetFileSize

;_FTPFileFindFirst

;_FTPFileFindNext

;_FTPFileFindClose

;_FTPGetFile

; _FileTimeToSystemTime

Hey Martin,

Could I get you to post that udf in the Example Scripts forum. I think others might benefit from it as well.

Thanks

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

;_FTPPutFile

;_FTPOpen

;_FTPConnect

;_FTPDelFile

;_FTPRenameFile

;_FTPMakeDir

;_FTPDelDir

;_FTPClose

;_FTPPutFolderContents

;_FTPCommand

;_FTPGetCurrentDir

;_FtpSetCurrentDir

;_FTPGetFileSize

;_FTPFileFindFirst

;_FTPFileFindNext

;_FTPFileFindClose

;_FTPGetFile

; _FileTimeToSystemTime

Thanks Martin for your kind support. I'd be very happy if you could post the ftp.au3 UDF here for the benefit of others too. Where can I get help on the above functions as well as a sample script too that uses the above UDF?

Regards

Sabu

Edited by sabu

Pretty much all the functions are in this topic:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12473

I would highly recommend you remove your email address from your post because it will be retrieved by spambots searching through this forum and you will be spammed.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Example script which lets you browse a remote site and copy a folder to a local folder

I've chopped out the special bits which were for my particular application but I think it still works.

Should be able to modify it to copy a file quite easily. You need to add your ftp address, user name and password (lines 10,11,12)

The ftp udf I use

The zipped Koda design

Apologies for lack of commects and my untidy style.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Pretty much all the functions are in this topic:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12473

I would highly recommend you remove your email address from your post because it will be retrieved by spambots searching through this forum and you will be spammed.

Thanks Kandie Man for the valuable suggestion. I'd now really want to remove my email-id, but how do I modify the message that has already been posted?

Example script which lets you browse a remote site and copy a folder to a local folder

I've chopped out the special bits which were for my particular application but I think it still works.

Should be able to modify it to copy a file quite easily. You need to add your ftp address, user name and password (lines 10,11,12)

The ftp udf I use

The zipped Koda design

Thanks Martin for the files. I shall try them out and get back to you.

Regards

Sabu

Thanks Kandie Man for the valuable suggestion. I'd now really want to remove my email-id, but how do I modify the message that has already been posted?

Just click on the edit tab at the bottom of the post. Provided you are logged in and the post was created by you then you can change it.

I dont see any Edit Tab Martin.

lol

check attached screenshot png

post-18991-1175712577_thumb.png

/edit: just to be sure, note that these edit buttons are only available on the bottom of your own post... :shocked:

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

The ftp udf I use

The zipped Koda design

Thanks a lot Martin! i will try them and get back to you... thanks again!!