I assume you don't want to have an exe which can't be decompiled?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Nope, that's not the point. If I did not want people to decompile my script, I would certainly untick the 'allow decompile' option. But the point is, someone somehow managed to decompile my script even though I 'protected' it and the 'INCLUDE' phrase was included in the decompiled script.

So is it possible to hide or remove the phrase even if someone somehow manages to decompile a compiled script?

I don't like the idea of having my directory displayed in the script. :whistle:

I see.

Although I don't know how to hide any of that, to get round the problem I would copy the script to a temp folder, compile it there then delete it from the temp folder. Actually, I would save it to a usb drive and compile it there, then the information in the decompiled script if of no use. You could put it in a folder called 'The end of the rainbow is up your..' well anything.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

So there's no real way to remove the 'phrase' other than compiling my script in another folder like at the main directory of C:\ or in a pendrive?

Thank you for the much appreciated help anyway. :whistle:

I think you didn't understand me.

You cannot remove the phrase but this phrase is created while decompiling... not compiling

so its uninteresting where you compile.

it shows the folder where you decompile it.

-- Edith said I should fix some typos.

Edited by Pascal257

• Developers

I think you didn't understand me.

You cannot remove the phrase but this phrase is created while decompiling... not compiling

so its uninteresting where you compile.

it shows the folder where you decompile it.

-- Edith said I should fix some typos.

Did you test this to see if its true ?

Pretty sure the original path at compilation time is stored...

:whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)