Network Shares

Hello,

Can someone give some guidance on how to determine if the files in a shared folder on Computer A can be updated by Computer B? That is, is this share read-only?

I searched the forum rather exhaustively and found one script using WMI that listed the AccessMask, but that field is always blank when I run the script.

Paul

Hello,

Can someone give some guidance on how to determine if the files in a shared folder on Computer A can be updated by Computer B? That is, is this share read-only?

I searched the forum rather exhaustively and found one script using WMI that listed the AccessMask, but that field is always blank when I run the script.

Paul

The easiest and quickest way would be to attempt to write a dummy file to the share in question and catch the error. But I think I read some WMI stuff too, or at least some UDF for network connections (so you don't have to reinvent the wheel). Can't find it in 1 minute of searching but you can ofcourse try longer :shocked:

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a way to write to a shared folder, so if you find anything I would be happy.. Have looked in AU3Lib, though I cant get it to work.

If you need help, might want to post the code you're having trouble with in the Auto3Lib thread. The Auto3Lib _NetShare_ShareEnum will enumerate all shares on a server and give you the share permissions.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt