Help with going about grabbing songs from winamp.

Ok, I stream alot of internet radio and sometimes I'd like to download the songs I hear.

The thing I want my program to do is, read the current title of the song, copy it, and type it into a text file.

I can do the open the text file, send it to the text file, but pulling the song from winamp is what i'm having problems with.

I can view the title here.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1998/tdfp1.jpg

or if I needed to, i could paste the entire title if just stealing that line isn't feasible.

The reason I want this program is to double click and it'll copy the file info instead of writing it down as I am usually doing something while listening.

Just wondering what would be the best way to go about this.

Thanks, Snow.

Also, what else might help you guys steer me into the right direction, is that when you hover over the winamp icon... it gives the title + radio station name like it does in the playlist, but not just the artist-title like in the screen shot i showed above. If just pulling the title + radio station is the only way to do with auto-it, i might have too.

Does that stream info box always exist? If so, maybe something like this...

$text = WinGetText('MP3 Stream Info Box', '')
$splitit = StringSplit(StringStripCR($text), @LF)
For $i = 1 To $splitit[0]
    If StringInStr($splitit[$i], 'Current title') Then MsgBox(0, '', StringReplace($splitit, 'Current title: ', ''))
Next

Does that stream info box always exist? If so, maybe something like this...

$text = WinGetText('MP3 Stream Info Box', '')
$splitit = StringSplit(StringStripCR($text), @LF)
For $i = 1 To $splitit[0]
    If StringInStr($splitit[$i], 'Current title') Then MsgBox(0, '', StringReplace($splitit, 'Current title: ', ''))
Next

It's not pulling the song name after that :shocked:

The message box gives me a completely blank message box.

Now quick info for you.

I can get it to pull up the info box by a few quick commands and copy what's in it... which for example would be this.

Can autoit filter that if it's in the clipboard within itself?

Network received: 3876400 bytes

Server: SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.9.8

Metadata received: 294 bytes

Metadata interval: 32768 bytes

Stream name: idobi Radio: Music that doesn`t suck! News, interviews and the best in alternative, rock, and punk music: idobi.com

Current title: Taking Back Sunday - My Blue Heaven

Well ya. You'd change $text = WinGetText('MP3 Stream Info Box', '') to just $text = ClipGet().

I think there must be an easier way, though. Doesn't winamp itself have the song's title on its window? You could use WinGetTitle() maybe. (Been a long time since I used winamp, so dunno.)

Yea, it does actually. Could I pull that info while in a fullscreen program, without it minimizing?