ScreenHunter Clone

BigDaddyO

I saw someone using a screen capture utility Called ScreenHunter to capture just certian sections of a window. It's free but for an individual only, Companies have to pay for it.

I decieded to use LazyCats CaptDll.dll file to make my own version.

Launch the script, perform the initial setup by setting the Hotkeys and places to save the screenshots.

Launch again and hit the hotkey you specified for Region, You can then click and drag over the section you want to take a screenshot of.

This is the first program that I have done with the OnEvent mode so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong with that please.

Edit: Get LazyCat's DLL Here

Edit2:

1. Fixed Problem when dragging mouse from bottom right to top left

2. Now using guictrlcreategroup to display a box around the area selected when doing a Region Screen capture

Edit3: Changed the selection box again, hopefully this will fix any issues.

Edit 4:

1. Updated to allow save as .bmp or .jpg

2. Added the trusty ReduceMemory function from wOuter. Now uses ~700kb of memory "ScreenHunter uses ~4MB"

3. added FileInstall for the DLL

Mike

ScreenCap.au3

Edited by MikeOsdx

Let me be the first to congratulate you on a job well done! Love the script! A few things, though:

Use FileInstall() for the dll

Allow JPG and BMP

Allow copy to clipboard

If two dropboxes are left blank, it says to assign different hotkeys

I'm too dumb to figure out the capture by region.

Over all, GREAT WORK!

Let me be the first to congratulate you on a job well done! Love the script! A few things, though:

Use FileInstall() for the dll

Allow JPG and BMP

Allow copy to clipboard

If two dropboxes are left blank, it says to assign different hotkeys

I'm too dumb to figure out the capture by region.

Over all, GREAT WORK!

I have added the FileInstall, BMP/JPG, and fixed the multiple blank hotkeys.

I can't seem to figure out how to send the images to the clipboard. I have found several posts on how to retrieve from the clipboard but not send to. if anyone has an idea I'd love to see it.

I am working on a help file that will show how to use the Region capture. I Added an About to the taskmenu but does nothing yet.

Script updated in the first post.

Mike

Yeah, I have already resolved the restarting thing but I havn't posted the code yet. Since it was my first time using the OnEvent features of AutoIT I was a little confused. I was putting a While statement after creating the Setup gui and coudn't figure out why my script was freezing in that function, all I could do was exit.

I have since realized that I don't need any aditional While statements to keep aditional gui screens open using the OnEvent feature.

A co-worker requested an option of Send to Printer, so I am going to create a GUI window that will display after a screen capture "Unless silent mode is selected" that will allow you several options, Send to Printer, E-Mail, and if I can figure it out Send to Clipboard.

Once I have those in their I will upload a new version.

Mike