Moving Windows with the same name

Hey, I'm new to AutoIT, just trying to get the hang of things.

I have two simple questions if you wouldn't mind. Thanks

1. How do I use winwait and winmove to move 4 windows that have the same title into different locations?

I tried using WinSetTitle and changing the titles as I opened them, but the titles just reverted back to the original.

2. How do I move a window that has no title? And for that matter, how do I move 4 windows that have no title into different positions?

Thanks again.

-Jeff

Edited by Jeffbg123

Hey, I'm new to AutoIT, just trying to get the hang of things.

I have two simple questions if you wouldn't mind. Thanks

1. How do I use winwait and winmove to move 4 windows that have the same title into different locations?

I tried using WinSetTitle and changing the titles as I opened them, but the titles just reverted back to the original.

2. How do I move a window that has no title? And for that matter, how do I move 4 windows that have no title into different positions?

Thanks again.

-Jeff

AutoIT can match on both Title and visible Text in the window. That's the easiest way if the text differs.

For more complex matching you want to look in the help file for how to use Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) and Window Handles with WinGetHandle() and WinList().

:shocked:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law