Clicking Next minimizes window

I am running an eBlvd setup wizard. I wait for the window to be active then I am able to click on the accept radio button(Button1).

Next I try to Control Click the Next button, it has an ID of 12325 and a className of Button5. When the controlclick is executed the window either goes away or minimizes(tho there is no button for doing that) or goes away completely.

Any ideas? I noticed after the script executed Window Info says the text = "Finish", but that text is not on the subsequent window, nor the next.

Thanx.

~~~~~~~

Func eBlvd()

$sURL = "http://eint.com/eblvd"

$oIE = _IECreate($sURL)

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "Form1")

$oButton = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "_setupbutton")

_IEAction($oButton, "click")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

;Downloaded at this point

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

$hWnd = WinGetHandle ("eBLVD Host Setup Wizard 3.1")

WinWaitActive($hWnd, "")

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Button1")

Sleep(800)

;This is the problem line...........

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Button5")

EndFunc

I am running an eBlvd setup wizard. I wait for the window to be active then I am able to click on the accept radio button(Button1).

Next I try to Control Click the Next button, it has an ID of 12325 and a className of Button5. When the controlclick is executed the window either goes away or minimizes(tho there is no button for doing that) or goes away completely.

Any ideas? I noticed after the script executed Window Info says the text = "Finish", but that text is not on the subsequent window, nor the next.

Thanx.

~~~~~~~

Func eBlvd()

$sURL = "http://eint.com/eblvd"

$oIE = _IECreate($sURL)

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "Form1")

$oButton = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "_setupbutton")

_IEAction($oButton, "click")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

;Downloaded at this point

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

$hWnd = WinGetHandle ("eBLVD Host Setup Wizard 3.1")

WinWaitActive($hWnd, "")

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Button1")

Sleep(800)

;This is the problem line...........

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Button5")

EndFunc

What happens when the installer is run without automation?

Also for the I Agree You may want to take a look at how many Tabs have to be sent to get to the I Agree radio control and use Send("{TAB} <the number of tabs>,{Space})

Also take a look at

If WinExists($hWnd,"") Then WinActivate($hWnd'"")

EDIT: Whose installer is it? Some installers will accept a -s or -q switch for Silent or Quiet installs.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

-Thanks for responding.

- It advances to the next window that has a pull down menu, two text boxes, two radio buttons, the first of which activates two more text fill in boxes for password and confirm. Buttons are Next and Cancel. Subsequent Window is for folder selection with Browse, Next, and Cancel.

Also for the I Agree You may want to take a look at how many Tabs have to be sent to get to the I Agree radio control and use Send("{TAB} <the number of tabs>,{Space})

- Cycling all the way around, I verifed that this is the default position tho not highlighted.

Also take a look at

- Will do so as soon as I finish this post, thanks.

EDIT: Whose installer is it? Some installers will accept a -s or -q switch for Silent or Quiet installs.

- I am guessing MS, it displays the little box and CD at the top. Not sure how to verify. Do silent installs run from a cmd line? This installer pops up after clicking a download link on the eBlvd webpage.

Thanks,

jh

-Thanks for responding.

- It advances to the next window that has a pull down menu, two text boxes, two radio buttons, the first of which activates two more text fill in boxes for password and confirm. Buttons are Next and Cancel. Subsequent Window is for folder selection with Browse, Next, and Cancel.

- Cycling all the way around, I verifed that this is the default position tho not highlighted.

Also take a look at

- Will do so as soon as I finish this post, thanks.

- I am guessing MS, it displays the little box and CD at the top. Not sure how to verify. Do silent installs run from a cmd line? This installer pops up after clicking a download link on the eBlvd webpage.

Thanks,

jh

AhHa....WebInstall This is a horse of a different color.

You may want to try and download the installer package itself and then renew your efforts.

and yes, -s and -q are for commandline installs. If the installer is indeed msi then I have the code for quiet installs. Likewise if it's Inno and I think I have it for nsi packages.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

AhHa....WebInstall This is a horse of a different color.

You may want to try and download the installer package itself and then renew your efforts.

and yes, -s and -q are for commandline installs. If the installer is indeed msi then I have the code for quiet installs. Likewise if it's Inno and I think I have it for nsi packages.

The way eBlvd works ( at least here) is I point to a page on our server. It re-directs to eblvd and fills in the long user ID. Then when "Download Software" is clicked the installer pops up. Therefore I am not sure that the installer is freely or easily available. I admit I have no inkling of how to grab it. As you may perceive I am pretty much out of my element here.

Thanks,

jh

The way eBlvd works ( at least here) is I point to a page on our server. It re-directs to eblvd and fills in the long user ID. Then when "Download Software" is clicked the installer pops up. Therefore I am not sure that the installer is freely or easily available. I admit I have no inkling of how to grab it. As you may perceive I am pretty much out of my element here.

Thanks,

jh

When you hover over The Download Software button. what is displayed on you status bar? If it ends in exe or msi or something similar then it's pointing to a file. In that case right-click on the button and choose Save Target As.

George

Thanks,

jh

When you hover over The Download Software button. what is displayed on you status bar? If it ends in exe or msi or something similar then it's pointing to a file. In that case right-click on the button and choose Save Target As.

I also just had a look at the eBlvd site and since I want nothing to do with it I don't want to register to get to what you are seeing so could very soon run out of ideas.

George