Acrobat COM - where to start?

As far as I remember, there isn't any. I wonder if there's COM access to Acrobat at all..

A while ago I searched for Acrobat programmality but I recall you had to pay something to get access to that kind of features..

As far as I remember, there isn't any. I wonder if there's COM access to Acrobat at all..

A while ago I searched for Acrobat programmality but I recall you had to pay something to get access to that kind of features..

Go on Yahoo groups AUTOIT Valery has program a tool which name is APDF V10 which allows making PDF

LOULOU, I own Acrobat7 so I'm not really looking for a creator (although that is rather neat that a free creator exists). I'm actually looking for COM-type access. Does the APDF V1 allow for COM-type access>?

amokura, that's what I got from Adobe's site, but I couldn't find any conclusive evidence that says so (I only spent 10 mins or so before I got side tracked on their site :shocked: ).

A decision is a powerful thing

• 5 months later...

@all

The Acrobat COM interface works only if you have the full acrobat writer installed on your machine.

Otherwise you can forget it.

You can look in my signature for PDFCREATOR which is free.

regards,

ptrex

I know and I really like your PDFCREATOR. I was offering this for those who need to automate things involving Acrobat Professional (full version). This is VERY helpful for me! In lots of different ways! :) I just wanted to share. In the tech docs for the AICAPI, there is explanation on controlling the buttons and so forth in Acrobat and even using it to embed it in a GUI.

A decision is a powerful thing