How to repeat a function in this special way?

I have a function that is made to send "c" if a pixel is not red, and then keep checking (basically repeating, see code) if the pixel has gone back to red. I may not be able to figure it out just because I'm me :shocked: , but let me get your feedback.

Sorry if this isn't clear enough.. I can't describe it very well.

Func AutoMP()
    $mpcheck = PixelGetColor(186, 28)
    $mpfull = PixelGetColor(264, 28)
    While 1
        If $mpcheck = "000000" & $readmpstyle = "sit" Then
            Send("c")
            If $mpfull = "4758e4" Then
                Send("c")
            Else
                ContinueLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
        If $mpcheck = "000000" & $readmpstyle = "pot" Then
            Do
                Send($readmpslot)
                _Timer(5000)
                ;Avoid lag messing up the script
                $readmppotamt -= 1
            Until $mpcheck = "4758e4"
        EndIf
        If $mpcheck = "000000" & $readmpstyle = "both" Then
            If $readmppot > 0 Then
                Send($readmpslot)

ElseIf $readmppot = 0 Then
                Send("c")                                                     ;INITIALLY SEND C
                If $mpfull = "4758e4" Then                            ;IF PIXEL IS RED, THEN
                    Send("c")                                         ;SEND C AGAIN
                Else                                                             ;IF PIXEL IS NOT RED....
                    ;WHAT DO I DO HERE????????????????????????????????????????????????
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

I want to somehow have the script return to the "ElseIf $readmppot = 0 Then" line to check again, but I don't believe there is anything in AutoIt that resembles a GoToLine.. sigh.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

I have a function that is made to send "c" if a pixel is not red, and then keep checking (basically repeating, see code) if the pixel has gone back to red. I may not be able to figure it out just because I'm me :shocked: , but let me get your feedback.

Sorry if this isn't clear enough.. I can't describe it very well.

Func AutoMP()
    While 1
            Send("c")
                Send("c")
            Else
                ContinueLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
            Do
                Send($readmpslot)
                _Timer(5000)
                $readmppotamt -= 1
        EndIf
            If $readmppot > 0 Then
                Send($readmpslot)

Else                                                             ;IF PIXEL IS NOT RED....
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

I think you shoud also be able to use Return in place of the function calling itself again but play with this first

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I don't think Chk_Clr will work, because this will immediately 'replay' the function, and, when it sees that the pixel is still not red, it will send 'c' again.

I will look into Return, though.. thanks!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Hmm.. I looked in the helpfile.. I don't understand how Return() would work. Maybe this could, though:

$sitting = 0
Func AutoMP()
    While 1
            Send("c")
                Send("c")
            Else
                ContinueLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
            Do
                Send($readmpslot)
                _Timer(5000)
                $readmppotamt -= 1
        EndIf
            If $readmppot > 0 Then
                Send($readmpslot)

If $sitting = 1
                ContinueLoop
                ElseIf $sitting = 0
                    $sitting = 1
                    ContinueLoop
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

Sorry.. the code is kind of jumbled up because I edited this in the web browser instead of SciTE, but would this work?

Hmm.. I looked in the helpfile.. I don't understand how Return() would work. Maybe this could, though:

$sitting = 0
Func AutoMP()
    While 1
            Send("c")
                Send("c")
            Else
                ContinueLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
            Do
                Send($readmpslot)
                _Timer(5000)
                $readmppotamt -= 1
        EndIf
            If $readmppot > 0 Then
                Send($readmpslot)

If $sitting = 1
                ContinueLoop
                ElseIf $sitting = 0
                    $sitting = 1
                    ContinueLoop
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

Sorry.. the code is kind of jumbled up because I edited this in the web browser instead of SciTE, but would this work?

Imeant that you could probably put Return in the Chk_Clr() func instead of calling Chk_Clr() again

Else

Return

EndIf

That will put you back into your While loop where ithe function was called.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

But then that While loop would still just send me right back to Chk_Clr() again, wouldn't it? Then it would send 'c' again.

This program I am trying to automate does not make the pixel red for about 20 to 30 seconds. The time duration changes, so Sleep() wouldn't work. Believe me, I would have tried that already. :shocked:

Refactor your code a bit and you will probably find logical errors easier. It will also make it easier to read..:shocked:

My suggestion:

Func AutoMP()
    Local $continue
    ;TODO: Why loop at all? You only read the color state once?
    Do
            $continue = ActionSit($mpcheck, $mpfull)
        ElseIf $mpcheck = "000000" & $readmpstyle = "pot" Then 
            $continue = ActionPot($mpcheck, $mpfull)
        ElseIf $mpcheck = "000000" & $readmpstyle = "both" Then 
            $continue = ActionBoth($mpcheck, $mpfull)
        EndIf
    Until $continue
EndFunc
;
; TODO: Explain what the function is all about
Func ActionSit($mpcheck, $mpfull)
    Local $ret = 0
    ;TODO: Does this make sence?
    Send("c")
        Send("c")
    Else
        $ret = 1 ;ContinueLoop
    EndIf     
    Return $ret
EndFunc
;
Func ActionBoth($mpcheck, $mpfull)
    Local $ret = 0
    If $readmppot > 0 Then
        Send($readmpslot)

;You probably read the pixel again and do some chceking or you just return or what ever.
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return $ret
EndFunc
;
Func ActionPot($mpcheck, $mpfull)   
    Local $ret = 0
    Do
        Send($readmpslot)
        _Timer(5000)
        $readmppotamt -= 1
        ;TODO: When is $mpcheck suposed to change?
    Return $ret
EndFunc
Edited by Uten

Uten, that will work well, but two things:

- I do need it to repeatedly check the pixel colors.. so replacing the Do... Until with a While... WEnd would still work? Or would that throw off $continue?

- I am HORRIBLE at interpreting what scripts do just by reading the source.. can you explain this a little bit more?

Also, $mpcheck will change at a random time.. that's why I need a While... WEnd loop.

Edited by sandman