File unzipping

I need to unzip a file using Windows compressed file routine (we don't use winZip). Is there a cmd line version, I have not been able to locate it or documentation?

If not how would you approach this problem? Trying to grab the file in a file browser seems unlikely as recorder output looked unpromising?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks,

jh

Thanks.

You're right, I forgot to search this time. I see this works for compression by adding a file. So the converse is to remove 1 file at a time?

Apologies,

jh

Windows compressed folders do not support a path structure. If you need that, then take a look at the command line version of 7zip.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Windows compressed folders do not support a path structure. If you need that, then take a look at the command line version of 7zip.

Thanks again, sir.

More important to me than paths is a cmd line version. I think it would be difficult to run MS's compressed file routine from a explorer file browser. Tho I guess if I put the file in its own folder it would be easier to be sure and grab the right one.

Went to the 7-Zip site, then the Wikipedia page which purports a self contained cmd line version 7-za. But have not been able to confirm this a 7-Z or sourceForge sites yet. Limited to 26K dial up this weekend so can't be wasting time downloading the wrong large file.

jh

Thanks again, sir.

More important to me than paths is a cmd line version. I think it would be difficult to run MS's compressed file routine from a explorer file browser. Tho I guess if I put the file in its own folder it would be easier to be sure and grab the right one.

Went to the 7-Zip site, then the Wikipedia page which purports a self contained cmd line version 7-za. But have not been able to confirm this a 7-Z or sourceForge sites yet. Limited to 26K dial up this weekend so can't be wasting time downloading the wrong large file.

jh

I'm just heading out for a while but if you wait until my return, I'll send you the 7za file along with my customized version of the 7Zip help file.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I'm just heading out for a while but if you wait until my return, I'll send you the 7za file along with my customized version of the 7Zip help file.

Thanks. I have 7za now and looked at the docs. Should be able to Exec it from AutoIt. 7-Zip was a great suggestion. It sure will sure be dorking around with the MS stuff ( hopefully we will get totally away from MS this year).

jh

Edited by hmsSurprise

Hey, beggars can't be choosers. Certainly, I can wait.

For your patience you win the reward.

I just uploaded it one of my sub-sites.

http://dundats.mvps.org/AutoIt/7Zip_CmdLine.zip

This is much smaller (299k) than the full 7zip dowload and the help file has been reduced to just the commandline portion

George

For your patience you win the reward.

I just uploaded it one of my sub-sites.

http://dundats.mvps.org/AutoIt/7Zip_CmdLine.zip

This is much smaller (299k) than the full 7zip dowload and the help file has been reduced to just the commandline portion

Well, thanks again. Looks like that will do the trick. Will check it out later, gotta cut some wood b4 it rains.

jh