now im back to this project again :P

New Version using Prospeed:

Mario.zip

New Stuff:

-it use's sprites

-has a scroling background, lags a bit while scrolling

-Jump sound effect :(

-added a monster that patrols

i could use some help with the SetBackAutoCollision() udf.

it dosent work properly :shocked: in my script and i dont know why,

if i can get SetBackAutoCollision() i can easly add monsters, coins and other stuff.

Edited by Alek

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

I just downloaded, that's a pretty good effort, seeing as AutoIt isn't designed for games at all. If you want an easier way to program games you could try Multimedia Fusion, it is object orientated with collision detection built in. I used to use it a lot before I found AutoIt :shocked:

A couple comments.

It is a nice try.

Your jump motion should not be the same speed the whole time. Mario should slow down while moving up and speed up while moving down.

You have no animation whatsoever.

I will try and check back on this when it gets better.

Edit: Wow, I didn't think anyone here used MMF or any of the Clickteam products for that matter. I had MMF 1.5 (I think?) but eventually just stopped when I learned how to really code. It is a great beginner game making tool.

Edited by Mr Icekirby

Hey Alek you would need to cycle graphics (i.e. load a file for each frame) or step through the frames of a GIF file to get animation, just a thought.

Icekirby: The same thing happened to me with MMF 1.5, I still use it very occasionally for quickly making GUIs and frontends, but that may stop when I get better with making GUIs in AutoIt.

Awesome idea.. you have a very good start.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

i need a bit of help, how do i make a gui with a .gif picture with transparent background??

i keep geting a white background and not transparent and im also haveing some trouble with speeding up the jump on the downfall.

Edited by Alek

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

I made a pac-man game, and it works great, but the CPU burden is too high because there are too many sprites, but I can fix it as soon as I get time.

But with Super Mario there there wouldn't be too many sprites on the screen.

You see in the prospeed.au3 made by jpam, there is a scrolling background. you can control how it scrolls.

At any rate, you will have to use dlls, like prospeed, to get a good effect for games with autoit.

And here I will post an example mario game.

Super_Mario%20World_demo.zip

Edited by rush4hire

i dont like dll's very much :(

I'm with you on that one :shocked:

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

I'm with you on that one :(

Same!

Great Job on the game! again.... :P

EDIT: I just played you update. I CANT GET THE FLOWER! just so you know :shocked:

Edited by bert

• 3 months later...

It doesnt come with any images.:whistle: