Making a window look a bit more 'sleek'

Hi,

I am making a GUI for an update script that I want to look pretty professional. The transparency for the window is currently set to 175, but this is what I would like it to have:

It would be really cool if I could have a transparency of 175 at the top of the window, and have a fading effect so that at the bottom of the window it is completely transparent. Basically, I need a 'gradient' from half-opacity at the top to full-transparency at the bottom.

Is this even possible? If so, how?

If anyone even knows of a color gradient UDF, I could probably modify it to be a gradient of transparency. So post something like that if you have it, please. :shocked:

Thanks,

SANDMAN!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Bump! Need some help here!

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Sorry for the triple post.. but.. someone please answer?

Even an idea, not a complete thought.. I need something on this.

Here is a topic about gradients. Search for gradient and you will find more.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yeah, I already looked at that, downloaded the UDFs and stuff.. but I don't think I can change it to do transparency. Not with my noobish abilities, at least. :shocked:. Maybe you or Valuater could be able to transform it though.. ?

Okay.. I got the GDI+ DLL, but how do I find out what it can do and how? I searched a bit on this topic and found nothing, as I don't know what to search for :/