Can this be done with the IE controls?

I did some reading, but I didn't see it. So I thought I throw this out there to see if someone know this.

Is it possible using the AutoIt IE controls to do the following:

1. You have a IE session running in a AutoIt designed window (I know it can do this part)

2. That session wants to open a new child window - I want the child to open in a AutoIt designed window, not the IE window the website wants to open. - This is what I'm asking; is this possible?

The idea is to have the child window have some controls to allow things. Currently the child window that is opened in IE doesn't have any tool bars or anything. Reasoning is this: I use Unicenter ServicePlus Service Desk, and it is web based. I have written a program that has floating toolbars, but I like the idea of having all its parts function in my own windows so I can make it easier to use. Child windows are tickets, and I want to have them open in a autoit child windows.

Thoughts? Possible?

It is possible, but you're gonna need to be pretty motivated to make it work... it is not a simple setting...

So, are you motivated?

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Mostly conceptually hard... you'll need to know in advance and understand exactly how the new window would get opened, insert Javascript to trap that event and prevent the window opening, trigger AutoIt with the information to open the window and have AutoIt then open the new window in the embedded GUI.

Again, then will be very involved, but possible. I suggest you'll really need to be motivated to tackle this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I hate to put so much effort, when a easier solution may be available....

Is it possible to simply have certain tool bars re-enabled if a child window is told to hide them? I know you can do this in Firefox, but I'm forced to use IE for work. I like to see if there is a AutoIt way of doing it. I figure I can code a Toolbar like the Google Toolbar, and have it shown when the ticket window exist. I only need to ID a few types of child windows, and I do that now with my current sloppy docked toolbar solution. It may be a easier approach to the problem.

One of the biggest obsticals to this sort of collaboration using COM is that AutoIt handles COM events asynchronously instead of synchronously (like in browser script or VM or VBS etc.)

Regarding your last post, I don't understand what you are saying about toolbars and child windows...

Dale