CD-Rom Setup

Two setup questions here

1 What script mod do I make so that my application runs from a cd instead of from a system drive folder?

2 I am running my script from a repackaged (Inno) installer so that I could pack my autoit execute is to be run first instead of the setup .exe. Can I alter the script so a shortcut for this execute is not added to my start/desktop but for the app instead. Or can anyone give me any idea how to run the setup.iss (Installshield FTW) for Musimatch 10 using autoit or just running setup.iss repackaged with Inno installer.

CODE

;--- AutoIt Macro Generator V 0.21 beta ---

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

Run("C:_XP_CD_Brian's\$OEM$\$1\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Installs\setup.exe")"

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","The InstallShield® Wizard will")

;AutoIt supports no Owner drawn Buttons (or CheckBoxes, RadioButtons and Groupboxes: only ControlClick is possible...

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","The InstallShield® Wizard will","Button1")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","< &Back")

;AutoIt supports no Owner drawn Buttons (or CheckBoxes, RadioButtons and Groupboxes: only ControlClick is possible...

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","< &Back","Button2")

WinWait("User Registration Dialog","PRIVACY GUARANTEE: Your name a")

ControlClick("User Registration Dialog","PRIVACY GUARANTEE: Your name a","Edit1")

ControlCommand("User Registration Dialog","PRIVACY GUARANTEE: Your name a","Edit","Editpaste","2000")

ControlCommand("User Registration Dialog","PRIVACY GUARANTEE: Your name a","Button1","UnCheck","")

ControlClick("User Registration Dialog","PRIVACY GUARANTEE: Your name a","Button4")

WinWait("Personalized Music Recommendations","Musicmatch delivers the best e")

ControlClick("Personalized Music Recommendations","Musicmatch delivers the best e","Button4")

ControlClick("Personalized Music Recommendations","Musicmatch delivers the best e","Button1")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","Express installation chooses t")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","Express installation chooses t","Button2")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","Express installation chooses t","Button11")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","B&rowse...")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","B&rowse...","Button3")

WinWait("Choose Folder","Please select the installation")

ControlClick("Choose Folder","Please select the installation","Edit1")

ControlClick("Choose Folder","Please select the installation","Static2")

ControlClick("Choose Folder","Please select the installation","Button1")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","B&rowse...")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","B&rowse...","Button1")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","B&rowse...","Button1")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","Yes, set cache to 'Active' (Re")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","Yes, set cache to 'Active' (Re","Button11")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","E&xisting Folders:")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","E&xisting Folders:","Button2")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","Please select where you'd like")

ControlCommand("Musicmatch Jukebox","Please select where you'd like","Button3","UnCheck","")

ControlCommand("Musicmatch Jukebox","Please select where you'd like","Button2","UnCheck","")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","Please select where you'd like","Button11")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","Use Musicmatch® as the default")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","Use Musicmatch® as the default","Button11")

WinWait("Musicmatch Jukebox","No, I will restart my computer")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","No, I will restart my computer","Button2")

ControlClick("Musicmatch Jukebox","No, I will restart my computer","Button4")

;--- End ---

Edited by crazycanuck

Two setup questions here

1 What script mod do I make so that my application runs from a cd instead of from a system drive folder?

I will interpret this as meaning the Run() function used to execute setup.exe using your script from the same directory on the CDRom disk.

@ScriptDir is where your script is, so below should do it.

Run('"' & @ScriptDir & '\setup.exe"', @ScriptDir)

2 I am running my script from a repackaged (Inno) installer so that I could pack my autoit execute is to be run first instead of the setup .exe. Can I alter the script so a shortcut for this execute is not added to my start/desktop but for the app instead. Or can anyone give me any idea how to run the setup.iss (Installshield FTW) for Musimatch 10 using autoit or just running setup.iss repackaged with Inno installer.

Your repackaging is not needed unless you just wanted one exe only. An alternative to to FileInstall() the exe in with your script to make one executable, or have AutoIt3.exe run your Au3 script which runs your setup.exe, or your compiled script can run setup.exe from the same directory or elsewhere if needed.

With plenty of options available and you are giving a incomplete idea of what you are doing makes it differcult to understand for what is best for your setup. InstallShield usually supports silent install, so I will advise to try Identify Installer within SendToA3X to help you with installers in general. If your very much AutoIt orientated, then you could try a software deployment method I have used here.

If you want no frills installations, then you could install your software from cmdlines.txt within your $OEM$ folder using relative paths which is very simple to setup. You can use one AutoIt.exe to run all your Au3 scripts from there easily so not compiling saves space for other things and makes the scripts easy to edit later if needed.

:shocked:

• 2 years later...
Hi guys ! I have similar question .... I want to make an Installation cd and a batch file gonna run it the problem is that , it's gonna need to run an application from a CD / DVD -ROM but on many different computers , with different drive letters . So I'm trying to figure out what should i put before "Run ('D:\BOS ver 6.04\Win9xNT\Setup.exe') to make it run from the CD Rom drive . Any Ideas ? Thx . Edited by bluezzman

Are you doing this in DOS? You said a batch file, so that is why I'm asking the question.

No it's an autorun cd kind of thing ..... there are some other *exes must be opened that is why i'm using batch to run them all together .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

maybe something like this?

#include <array.au3>

$CD = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
$Limit = Ubound($CD) -1

for $x = 1 to $limit
    $exists = FileExists($cd[$x] & "\testfile.txt");Here you can insert another known file.
    if $exists = 1 Then install()
    ConsoleWrite("CDROM " & $cd[$x] & "dont have checkfile." & @CRLF)
next 

func install()
    _ArrayDisplay($cd, "test");this is only an endpoint for this fuction, you can increment installation process here.
EndFunc

Cheers

Edited by November

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Thanks November, with a little tweaking it worked perfectly for me.

#include <array.au3>

$CD = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")
$Limit = Ubound($CD) -1

for $x = 1 to $limit
    $exists = FileExists($cd[$x] & "\setup.exe");Here you can insert another known file.
    if $exists = 1 Then install()
next

func install()
    Run ($CD[$x] & "\setup.exe");Input file you wish to run.
EndFunc
Edited by gameplace123

@Bluezzman

Instead of using a batch file for the CD try writing it in AutoIt and then compile the file as autorun.exe and place that file in the root of the CD. You may (or maynot) need an autorun.inf file as well in which case the following shoud be used in the autorun section of the inf

[autorun]
open=autorun.exe
useautoplay=1

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"