Can't save or compile a source

I copy one of the sample scripts on this forum and paste it into an empty document in Scite, but I can't compile it, the compile option is grayed out. Why is that?

I assumed that it had to do with the fact that I didn't save the file, but when I try to save the file I can't select the type in the save as dialog box.

Edited by Jdonner

Geezzzz, does it really have to say "This post has been edited by Jdonner: A minute ago" every time I want to correct a spelling mistake or if I want to do something like adding bold to make things stand out. On most forums I have a few minutes time before It says this.

If you clicked in the menu to start a new script, then you will need to save the contents to an au3 file (Save or Save As) so it can run or compile your script.

Didn't I just wrote that in my post? :shocked: I also clearly said that I can change the type. Anyway, thanks for you help, I migth sound grumpy, but that's because a lot of people on this forum seem to lack reading skills and it starts to annoy me.

Ok, it turns out that I can solve it by adding au3 as extension. This shouldn't be necessary, by default au3 should be selected for type or at least I should have the oportunity to change the type, which I obviosuly can't. I don't understand why I find bug after bug in bith Scite and AutoIt in just a few hours, are others so blind? Oh well... open source source or freeware is always very buggy, I shouldn't expect too much I guess.

Ok, it turns out that I can solve it by adding au3 as extension. This shouldn't be necessary, by default au3 should be selected for type or at least I should have the oportunity to change the type, which I obviosuly can't. I don't understand why I find bug after bug in bith Scite and AutoIt in just a few hours, are others so blind? Oh well... open source source or freeware is always very buggy, I shouldn't expect too much I guess.

Scite is not a dedicated autoit editor program it is one that has been customised to use au3 syntax, by having a file which ends in au3 tells scite how to behave.

I migth sound grumpy, but that's because a lot of people on this forum seem to lack reading skills and it starts to annoy me.

Does this include you? MHZ told you what to do but you insult him... not the best approach for a new member when you might just need MHZ or others to help you out in the future hey!

• Developers

..... I don't understand why I find bug after bug in bith Scite and AutoIt in just a few hours, are others so blind?

Did it ever occur to you it could be the driver ?

But for argument's sake : care to elaborate on ALL bugs found in AutoIt3 ?

For SciTE Bug you can moan at the SciTE intrest website since we supply the standard version released by Neil Hodgson.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Does this include you? MHZ told you what to do but you insult him.

I didn't insult him, I just told him he doesn't have proper reading skills, which is true.

not the best approach for a new member when you might just need MHZ or others to help you out in the future hey!

I'm pretty much already solving all the problems myself here, so what's your point?

What has a driver to do with this? :shocked:

I don't understand why I find bug after bug in bith Scite and AutoIt in just a few hours, are others so blind?

Have you searched and can confirm that nobody have mentioned this before ?

I can remember several, so I guess that's make you the blind one here mister.

Heh, what did you say about reading skills again ?

• Developers

What has a driver to do with this? :shocked:

Not sure why but you are showing an attitude that makes me feel like hitting the Ignore button.

Haven't figured out yet where its comming from but thought I let you know.

:(

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Not sure why but you are showing an attitude that makes me feel like hitting the Ignore button.

Haven't figured out yet where its comming from but thought I let you know.

:shocked:

Yes.... He does have quite and attitude now.

I didn't insult him, I just told him he doesn't have proper reading skills, which is true.

Look at the title of this thread and tell me who is typing misleading information.

Can't save or compile a source

I do not care about the combo, except that you need to save the file as a au3 file as I stated. If you are too grumpy and lazy to do that without giving a world bitching performance then you have real bad ass issues with yourself. I ignored your reply to me as I thought you were pityful to make an excuse for your behaviour. Now, I know that behaviour is just what you do seem to be yet again. So go bitch else where, bud, with your grumpy attitude until you wise up and talk with some respect for others.