regwrite new computername

Can someone please help me? i am writing a script for a college that will rename all the machines to the username that they type in. The only problem I am having right now is that when I do a regwrite to change the computer name it does not write the name typed in the input box, it types an 11 instead. I am VERY new so if you could post the correct regwrite code that will take a variable and enter it in where the computer name goes that would be great! below is the code I have so far. I know i need some serious help!

$contextMenu = GuiCtrlCreateContextMenu()

GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("Context Menu", $contextMenu)

GuiCtrlCreateMenuItem("", $contextMenu) ;separator

GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Enter Network Username", 9, 4, 153, 15)

$username = GuiCtrlCreateInput("", 135, 4, 153, 15)

$Submit = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Submit", 10, 330, 100, 30)

GUISetState () ; will display an dialog box with 2 button

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

ExitLoop

Case $msg = $Submit

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "Hostname", "REG_SZ", $username)

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "NV Hostname", "REG_SZ", $username)

You need to use GUICtrlRead.

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "Hostname", "REG_SZ", GUICtrlRead($username))
RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "NV Hostname", "REG_SZ", GUICtrlRead($username))

Edit: Welcome to AutoIt....

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

You need to use GUICtrlRead.

RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "Hostname", "REG_SZ", GUICtrlRead($username))
RegWrite("HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters", "NV Hostname", "REG_SZ", GUICtrlRead($username))

Edit: Welcome to AutoIt....

:shocked: Thank you so much!!! I was killing myself over this! All you guy's that help us nube's are awsome! Thanks again!

Jay