Office Communicator Chat Logs

Hi.

Our IT dept just switched us from Windows Msgr over to Office Communicator. I and many people I know used to rely on the chat logs we could keep with the Windows Msgr. Sadly, Microsoft does not include a logging feature in the Office Communicator. I know this is an issue with other people, as I have done many google / yahoo / altavista searches for patches, updates, or whatever to enable some kind of chat log for Office Communicator. There seems to be a lot of people in the same boat.

I am hoping that I can create something like this with AutoIt, so I wanted to ask some of you veterans for some help getting started. I have played with AutoIt some, and I have looked thru the help files and tutorials to familiarize myself with it... even created some simple scripts. I have seen the advanced applications some of you have created... wow - by comparison, I would think what I am trying to do is pretty easy.... for... some... but alas...

I am not really a programmer, but I do like to play with code and scripting. Does anyone have any experience with anything similar, and maybe a suggestion or 2 to kick-start me? I will do the work, I just want to know if it's possible, and what would be the right way to start.

Thanks!

I've never used office communicater myself, and theres probebly a better way to do this, but if all you want is a rough log of chats, then I would suggest using the WinGetText( ) function and the string functions to parse the data retrieved with WinGetText( ) and then save it to a text file with the file functions.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Great!

I will give it a shot and let you know. If I can get it going, I will post it up here for any of you who have the same pain.

Thanks.

Live Communication Server, which is the back-end for Communicator, has a message archiving feature. I would suggest that you ask your IT dept. if they are archiving the messages, and if so, you should be able to get access to the archived messages. All of the archives are kept in a SQL database, and are easily accessible if they are being archived.

Live Communication Server, which is the back-end for Communicator, has a message archiving feature. I would suggest that you ask your IT dept. if they are archiving the messages, and if so, you should be able to get access to the archived messages. All of the archives are kept in a SQL database, and are easily accessible if they are being archived.

Thanks for the advice. I just put a ticket in with them. If I can take the easy way out I don't have a problem with that. :shocked: