Andrew's Anti Snooping Tool

SleepyXtreme

Andrew's Anti Snooping Tool Version 1.1.3.39

Description: Instantaneously hide all/one of the open windows with a keypress. With another keypress you can bring them all back.

Features:

Hides ALL open windows, even most video games

Start on startup

Change keybinds

Stealth mode - Turns the tray icon off but still runs in background

Enabling Volume Disabling - When the keybind that hides all of the windows is pressed, the sound is muted. (I mostly use this if I'm watching a video). When the windows come back the sound is put back.

Known Bugs:

None! :shocked:

If anyone has any suggestions for new features let me know because i'm an amatuer and this is my baby, I made it from scratch and i want it to grow and maybe someday distribute it to high school kids or whatever lol.

Let me know what you think!

Note: I suck at making GUIs :(

Bugs Fixed:

Fixed typo in processbar

Fixed not working with multiple windows that have the same title

Fixed when hiding games such as GunBounds or CounterStrike or whatever, sometimes you have to press the keybind again or until they are hidden (usually two more presses works).

Fixed Inability to exit after settings were opened

To do List:

Exceptions

Hide System tray Icons

Set up Mouse-type Keybind with mouse clicks

Set up Mouse movement to hide windows ie Top Left Corner would hide all the windows

Set up Screensaver option to enable a screensaver when the key is pressed

Remove Taskbar settings and move them to GUI settings.

Credits: SleepyXtreme(Andrew) with some help from smstroble

Edited by SleepyXtreme

When I go home, i'll decompile and review the exe for malicious code. (If source is not posted before then)

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

When I go home, i'll decompile and review the exe for malicious code. (If source is not posted before then)

Don't worry, I've already checked it, it's safe :shocked:

Not bad :(

Wow, just actually tried it. VERY nice :P

Edited by Senton-Bomb

This is VERY different from win + d. win + d minimizes everything. This makes it so the windows do not appear in the taskbar or task manager or anywhere a normal user can view open windows.

also, i wouldn't dare post anything malicious on this site cause i'm too much of an amatuer to not need the info on the forums lol.

I have a script like that that a threw together for school that does the same general stuff, only its pretty basic no GUI all hotkeys, no settings etc. However i have mine only hide specific windows and maximize others, for example Hide Firefox (game :-)), Hide any non firefox games, Hide putty proxy window, hide instant messenger etc. (all done with title matching), but before it starts hiding, because making a window hidden takes about a second, i have it maximize MS Word or power point or publisher etc. so that i dont risk the teacher seeing my games the split second before they disappear.

Perhaps something you could put into your script.

P.S. i could give you the portion of my code that makes it close multiple windows with the same name if you like, if not then i will give you a hint, every window has a unique identifier assigned to it, find that identifier and you can hide that window and restore it regardless of whether or not it was the last active window with that title, should also solve windows not coming back.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Don't worry, I've already checked it, it's safe :shocked:

Not bad :(

Wow, just actually tried it. VERY nice :P

According to my decompiler it is not a valid Au3 application.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

well that's probably because i blocked decompilation........

Just becuase you click 'do not allow decompile' doesn't mean it won't read it. It will come back with "ERROR: Wrong passphrase." or something like that.

Ah....Stupid me. It's an installer!

No friggin' wonder.

EDIT: now it worked.

EDIT: Yes. I agree. It is clean. And a not bad script at that eigher.

Edited by Firestorm

Well thanks to smstroble, i have a shitload of work to do lol. he gave me a few ways to make my code more efficient. I had tried some of the ideas before but they didn't pan out very well. by the time i'm done screwing around with this it's going to be version 1000000 :P but i like this project so i'll do it :shocked:

Anyone have any other suggestions for new features? I'm going to add a Todo list on my original post :(