exe files, embedding info

is it possilbe to add some data to a compiled exefile.?

e.g, i want to create a serial code proggy that i can add to the list, when it closes the exe file and i have added more serials, it saves the new data back to the exe file and not an external file, ie.inifle .....

is this possible.

many thanks.

When you want to add something to EXE at compilation time there is no problem: look at FileInstall or search for resources

But when you want to add something to EXE at runing time this is BIG problem.

This was discused on the forum already but no simple/clear solution.

On the flipside, I am sure that Aceguy is relating to an ini file or perhaps a database. If it comes to portability, then both ini file or database do fine without a care of the state of the original executable. So long as they remain together.

Aceguy, all you can do is make it because the prospect is proven by others in doing this...

Edit:

Confirming that they are separate files !

:shocked:

Edited by MHz

thanks for speedy reply, and your info. oh well no choice but to use exernal file. :(:shocked:

I read through a antivirus doc that states how the heurogl..... works and looks for executables that change their hmm, structure how antivirus picks on executables of unknown in the definitions so, yes, use an external file is safe and best. Edited by MHz

thanks for the input but the .exe or .cmd files are very simple.

any ideadsor script structure?

A cmd file is fine as it is a text file but a antivirus program such as Avast will record a executable and record change. If a change does happen then it will be recognized and warned of to the user. The executable will be rendered useless whether the user likes it or not.