create control in parent window

jennico

hello again,

next question (sorry for asking much, but i am learning):

i have a parent window like this:

$parent=GUICreate("Tora",$breite,$hoehe,-1,-1,BitOr($WS_POPUP,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME)) oÝ÷ ÚØ^'+y«^u§!WpwhÂÚ-í7ê«z{eG­+ºÚ"µÍÌÍØÚ[QÕRPÜX]J ][ÝÖ[[][ÝË

ËÝ[
ÚÝÜÚYÌIÌÍÞÚ[ÝÊKÝ[
ÚÝÜZYÚÌIÌÍÞ]Ú[ÝÊK    ÌÍÕÔ×ÑVÓQPÒS    ÌÍÕÔ×ÑVÓÕTTQÒSÕË ÌÍÜ[
H

the child window has several button controls. now i want a label control to be created in the parent window when a button in the child gui is clicked.

what happens is that the new label control is always created in the child window. how can i tell the script to create the new control in the parent window ?

i tried: winactivate, winsetontop, didn't work. do i have to delete the child window first and then recreate it ?

thank you all

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

Do a GUISWITCH to the parent window before creating the new control.

hello again,

next question (sorry for asking much, but i am learning):

i have a parent window like this:

$parent=GUICreate("Tora",$breite,$hoehe,-1,-1,BitOr($WS_POPUP,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME)) oÝ÷ ÚØ^'+y«^u§!WpwhÂÚ-í7ê«z{eG­+ºÚ"µÍÌÍØÚ[QÕRPÜX]J ][ÝÖ[[][ÝË

ËÝ[
ÚÝÜÚYÌIÌÍÞÚ[ÝÊKÝ[
ÚÝÜZYÚÌIÌÍÞ]Ú[ÝÊK    ÌÍÕÔ×ÑVÓQPÒS    ÌÍÕÔ×ÑVÓÕTTQÒSÕË ÌÍÜ[
H

the child window has several button controls. now i want a label control to be created in the parent window when a button in the child gui is clicked.

what happens is that the new label control is always created in the child window. how can i tell the script to create the new control in the parent window ?

i tried: winactivate, winsetontop, didn't work. do i have to delete the child window first and then recreate it ?

thank you all

j.

Edited by pdaughe

ya, it works !!!!! thank you !!!!! :shocked:

i don't know why i didn't find this in the help file, maybe because the text does not contain the keywords "child","parent"? i searched all the win... and nearly the whole gui... section, but "guiswitch" is the very last command in the list. wow.

j.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96