passphrase

• Administrators

In my new position, I inherited an Autoit program but do not have the passphrase to modify it since things changed,  any suggestions? :ph34r:

It depends what version it is. I can decompile 2.51 and 2.64 scripts but only if you can convince that it is something that you _should_ be decompiling...

Jon, can you get me the source for WINWORD.exe while you are at it. I "inherited" it from someone... :ph34r:  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess this is how you welcome new users...............very nice.. make fun...

BUT it only reflects negatevely on you. Did you have enough fun? now get off your high horse and act like a human being not an a$$ hole.!!!!

Oh and BTW this makes me want to go to DOWNLOAD.COM AND VOTE FOR YOU...

Edited by jerry_small

In order for "Person A" to point out that "Person B" is on a high-horse, doesn't that imply that "Person A" is also on a high horse, just one of a different type?

Anyway, honestly dude, don't be so uptight, you'll die early and then we'll (Well, at least I will) laugh at that. Stop for a second and think what you're asking. If you are legit, that's nice. But what if you aren't? It would kind of suck to go to the trouble of passwording a script only to have the author of AutoIt decompile it for you because somebody said they were so-and-so and got it in such-and-such a manner.

You might be 100% telling the truth, or you might be telling 100% bunk, and there really isn't any way at all to know. To ask and expect to either get results without some damn good proof or get joked around with because its gotten scam written all over it is just a tad naive.

Also, calling one of the developers/best scripters on the forum an asshole isn't really all that good of a way to make a first impression, either.

(Larry, does it seem like our roles are reversed? I'm normally the one who pisses somebody off and you are one of those that comes along and mediates...)

I apreciate your response. I have been around and I know what I was asking was out of the ordinary, but the sorcasim was unnacesery. I am in a bind and was hoping for an understanding ear, which Jon was kind enough to respond, but larry (be he as famous as he is....at least to those that admire him) needs to be more sensetive to newcomers. I realize now that I have only three choices :

1. hope that some one will allow me to decompile it.

2. learn the intricacies of Autoit.

3. or use one of the hundred other script macro compiler/executers.

Thanks for the kind words, and your thoughtfull response.

Edited by jerry_small

Also, calling one of the developers/best scripters on the forum an asshole isn't really all that good of a way to make a first impression, either.

Or a second .. hell, not a good impression at all

(Larry, does it seem like our roles are reversed?  I'm normally the one who pisses somebody off and you are one of those that comes along and mediates...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this mean hell froze over??!? jk :ph34r:

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?

• Administrators

how? ......BTW it is 2.64

Send me the script and tell me something about it so that when I decompile it and look at the source I get a warm feeling about it being something that you are supposed to decompile :ph34r:

Send me the script and tell me something about it so that when I decompile it and look at the source I get a warm feeling about it being something that you are supposed to decompile :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you I will, on second thought, even if you decompile it I still have to learn how to use autoit scripting which would take a while. So thank you for your kind offer, but it will be easier for me to recreate it with another package. thanks again. Edited by jerry_small