How can I get search results from a webpage?

I can't seem to find an answer in the forums for my question.

Basically, I browse to a webpage (http://www.pcplanets.com/index.php?page=search&t=v&q=jem&x=0&y=0).

How do I obtain the search results in the javascript tables? I want to be able to put the search results into a text file in the end.

Thanks in advance.

_IETableWriteToArray

Dale

Edit: typo

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

It's tough to help since I don't know your level of knowledge starting out and you haven't shown any code you've tried.

Please work through the examples for _IECreate and _IETableWriteToArray, read about arrays in the helpfile as well as the FOR NEXT loop construct and the FileOpen and FileWrite commands.

Dale

Edit: also search the forum for _IETableWriteToArray to see how others have used it

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Ok, I've gotten a bit further thanks to your help, Dale.

So far, I have this code:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("www.pcplanets.com/index.php?page=search&t=v&q=jem&x=0&y=0", 0, 0)
$oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 60)
$aTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable)
MsgBox(0,"", $aTableData[0][0])

This gives me the first 20, but there's a total of 24 items in the table. How do I add the rest to the list?

Thanks

I wouldn't suggest you set the page to be invisible until you are really comfortable with using these routines. When invisible, you must make certain that you also use _IEQuit or you can leave an invisible browser running as a zombie.

So that page only shows 20 rows in the table on the page you navigated to... what did you expect to happen? To get items 21-24 you'll need to navigate to the page containing that data and read it as you did here.

Dale