Newbie Helper

Newbie Helper

I created this program for people who come to the forum knowing nothing and asking silly questions that are answered in the help file.

Might want to sticky this as a before you post topic :(

All I see that it does is display a few message boxes, and if AutoIt is installed, but isn't in \Program Files\AutoIt3\, then displays that it isn't installed. In case anybody wanted the source:

$var = DriveGetDrive( "FIXED" )
If NOT @error Then
for $x = 1 to $var[0]
If FileExists($var[$x]&"\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.chm") Then
    ShellExecute($var[$x]& "\Program Files\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.chm","","","",@SW_MAXIMIZE)
    WinWait("AutoIt Help")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","Use this wonderful tool to assist you in writing your code. It has EVERYTHING you will need to know in the short run. If you become familiar with it and still have questions, post on the forums.")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","I would suggest, if you are new to AutoIt, that you start on the left side at Using AutoIt. Go down the list and read/skim through about the different functions/methods/syntaxs of AutoIt.")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","Once you finish the once-over of the Help File, try some of the examples included in it")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","To access the Help File go to Start>Program Files>AutoIt>AutoIt Help File")
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","And before I forget, Welcome to the world of AutoIt!")
Else
    msgbox(0,"Newbie Helper","You have to install AutoIt before running this program")

EndIf
Next
EndIf

And BTW, this should be in example scripts. But otherwise good job :shocked: