How do I determine Mouse position

I'm needing to determine mouse position (x,y) coordinates so I can use an Auto IT script I presently have. However some of the data is slightly skewed so I have to update the positions. I'll be running this in another program so I will be clicking on the screen to activate certain things. I was wanting an idea on how I could do this by determining position on mouse click and mouse drag....In other words a script to run in the background and capture mouse clicks and drags while I'm in another program...once I have the updated positions...I can put them in the original Auto IT script.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Unless I misunderstand the question:

To Get Position:

MouseGetPos ( [dimension] )

Dimension:

None: Returns a two-element array that containing the mouse coordinates: $array[0] = X coord (horizontal), $array[1] = Y coord (vertical)

0: Returns the X co-ordinate as an integer.

1: Returns the Y co-ordinate as an integer.

No, I think you understand just fine...and in fact I guess I didn't expand on it greatly enough. Can I build a "trigger" so that when I click or click and drag on a window in my program....it'll send that information to the AutoIT script running and store it somewhere...say in a text file...so that I can go back..open the text file and put the information back in the "using" AutoIT script?

If so...how would I do that? I understand the "on click portion" to create the trigger...that would send me into the MouseGetPos...but can I write that to a file that I can read with my eyes...to put that data in the IT script I need to do the work?

If so...how would I do that? I understand the "on click portion" to create the trigger...that would send me into the MouseGetPos...but can I write that to a file that I can read with my eyes...to put that data in the IT script I need to do the work?

The X/Y coordinates are simple integers, you may also want to save the current option for MouseCoordMode.

:shocked:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law