Help required with first script please

Hi everybody,

i'm as new as new can get to autoit. I'm working on a script that is supposed to download un update from internet, than unrar it and than copy the files to their intended directory in a certain order.

I did research on this forum and was able to find how to download the update form the internet

CODE
DirCreate ("the directory")

#include <Inet.au3>

$sSource = _INetGetSource("the web site")

$aArray = StringRegExp($sSource, '(?s)(?i)\<A HREF\="(\d{8}-\d{3}-i32\.exe)"', 3)

If IsArray($aArray) Then InetGet("the web site" & $aArray[uBound($aArray) - 1], "the directory" & $aArray[uBound($aArray) - 1])

this is working just fine, since it was easy to understand how to adjust it to do what i wanted it to do on my computer.

Now my question is about the next part of the script where its supposed to unrar the file:

CODE
Run (@COMSPEC & " /c " & '"' & "start " & "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\winrar.exe" & " x " & "-o- " & "-- " & "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rar.exe" & "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\temp\thefile.rar" & " " & "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\temp\")

do

sleep(2500)

until ProcessExists ( "rar.exe" ) = 0

the problem is when it gets to reading "C:\Program Files\WinRAR\winrar.exe" it gives an eror saying:

"Windows cannot find 'c:\Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and than try again."

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with this string of code and whether it will do what i think it should.

I ask this because i extractet this part of the code from WhiteCrows script (thank you to white crow :shocked:http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...5&hl=winrar

but i do not completely understand what the code means, so i was just trying to figure it out for my self.

Please pardon my english it is not my native language,

and i'm thankfull for all the help that i might get.

Boris.

The problem is that there is a space between program and files, so it stops reading the string after 'program'.

Use "@ProgramFilesDir"

It would look like this: Run (@COMSPEC & " /c " & '"' & "start " & "@ProgramFilesDir\WinRAR\winrar.exe" & " x " & "-o- " & "-- " & "@ProgramFilesDir\WinRAR\rar.exe" & "@DocumentsCommonDir\user\Desktop\temp\thefile.rar" & " " & "@DocumentsCommonDir\user\Desktop\temp\")

I also added the @DocumentsCommonDir because that would have made problems too.

Tell me if it works, and good luck.

edit: changed @MyDocumentsDir to @DocumentsCommonDir

Edited by alex OF DEATH

Thanks for the advice, Alex but unfortunately it still dosen't work. Now it gives the same eror message only it says it can't find "@ProgramFilesDir\WinRAR\winrar.exe"

i even tryend it withiut Dir in the path but it still cant find it

Any ideas?

The problem is that there is a space between program and files, so it stops reading the string after 'program'.

Use "@ProgramFilesDir"

It would look like this: Run (@COMSPEC & " /c " & '"' & "start " & "@ProgramFilesDir\WinRAR\winrar.exe" & " x " & "-o- " & "-- " & "@ProgramFilesDir\WinRAR\rar.exe" & "@DocumentsCommonDir\user\Desktop\temp\thefile.rar" & " " & "@DocumentsCommonDir\user\Desktop\temp\")

I also added the @DocumentsCommonDir because that would have made problems too.

Tell me if it works, and good luck.

edit: changed @MyDocumentsDir to @DocumentsCommonDir

It's not the @ProgramFilesDir and macros being needed , it's the placement of quotes.....

Run (@COMSPEC & ' /c ' & '""' & 'start ' & '"C:\Program Files\WinRAR\winrar.exe"' & ' x -o- -- ' & '"C:\Program Files\WinRAR\rar.exe"' & '"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\temp\thefile.rar"' & ' ' & '"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\temp\"')oÝ÷ Ø  ÝjÇ讫¨µâ-Â¥vZ(X¤zØb±§ãº ­©W¬*ô÷e¢ÓÝ«j·±z«¨µ©©ªê-.éí°*&ý=Úë¯Ov
ë$¶t÷k^=ÚØ^~)^­ªêºZ®¢Ú®¢Ö¦¦«¨´:ºg§¶À¨j'*ô÷k¬z½=Ø7¬Ú)ÓÝ­zjt÷j®¢ßêº^¬z+l¥u·¦¢·¥GºÚ"µÍ[
ÓÓTÔPÈ  [È ÌÎNÈØÈ ÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÉ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ  [È ÌÎNÜÝ   ÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ    [ÈÙÜ[Q[Ñ    [È ÌÎNÉÌLÕÚ[TÌLÝÚ[^I][ÝÉÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÈ[ËHKH   ÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ    [ÈÙÜ[Q[Ñ    [È ÌÎNÉÌLÕÚ[TÌLÜ^I][ÝÉÌÎNÈ    [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ    [ÈÚÝÜÛÛ[[Û   [È ÌÎNÉÌLÝ[   ÌLÝY[K][ÝÉÌÎNÈ   [È ÌÎNÈ ÌÎNÈ [È ÌÎNÉ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ    [ÈÚÝÜÛÛ[[Û   [È ÌÎNÉÌLÝ[   ÌLÉ][ÝÉÌÎNÊ

Not say what I've typed will work, but it will run and return >Exit code: 0 in scite if the paths are true..

Cheers

Edited by smashly