fileinstall

filemove / filecopy does not intend to compile the files into the compiled script. FileCopy is used instead of FileInstall in uncompiled form just for testing purposes. FileInstall ingests the file within itself when compiled so it becomes only a single executable.

:shocked:

Edit:

Fixed tense

Edited by MHz

this is interesting.

please could you make an example ? my problem is, that the help file only contains an example with abitmap that already exists, so this example is not more than a filemove action.

would it be possible to include a second "child autoit script" within the "parent autoit script" and extract and install it then ? or am i misunderstood ?

thanx.

Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

ah, ok.

i will come back to the topic after work.

thanx. j.

edit: have to inform myself about the cmdlineparams first

Edited by jennico
Spoiler

I actively support Wikileaks | Freedom for Julian Assange ! | Defend freedom of speech ! | Fight censorship ! | I will not silence.OixB7.jpgDon't forget this IP: 213.251.145.96

back again.

okay i think i understood the function of fileinstall and read all the forum topics. this is a really great idea !

i will try to explain what i want to do: i have written a program with autoit. it consists of several jpg, bmp, png, ini, txt files and so on. but it also consists of about 20 different autoit exe files. i distribute my program for free but it now has the size of about 12 mb and i would like it smaller, when i respect the small size of the script files au3.

okay, with fileinstall i could pack all files into one exe, but this will not change the entire size. this is not really different to wrapping all the files into a rar archive and adding sfx for automatic installation. same effect.

what would really help me to reduce file size would be like this: fileinstall the small au3 files into the "parent" exe and on the clients' computer extract them on run time as compiled and non-decompilable exes without having installed autoit in the remote computer. but i don't want to have decompiled au3 files on the client's computer, not even temporary. the reason i do not have to explain.

the above example only installs the au3 file not the exe.

can my wish be realized or not and how ? sorry if this was mentioned before in this forum, i searched a lot but did not find a clear answer to this.

j.

Spoiler

there's another thing (maybe a bug ?) i noticed: even when you comment out the fileinstall line, autoit still asks for the object to be included when you want to compile it.

j.

Edited by jennico
Spoiler