Closing a compiled script

I compiled a little script that just runs a simple while loop. What event would I watch for to make it quit when the red X in the top right corner is clicked?

Thanks,

jh

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

While 1

display('ControlGetFocus($title, $text) = ' & ControlGetFocus("") & @crlf )
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func display($s, $s1 = '', $s2 ='', $s3 = '')

Global $debugDisplayExists

if $debugDisplayExists <> 1 Then
        Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
        $w=800
        $h=100
        Global $debugDisplay_GUI = GUICreate("Reveal Control Focus", $w, $h, 1, @DesktopHeight-$h-75)
        Global $debugDisplay_Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, $w-5, $h-5, BitOR($ES_AUTOVSCROLL,$ES_READONLY))
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
        $debugDisplayExists = 1
    EndIf

GUICtrlSetData($debugDisplay_Edit, @CRLF & $s & ', ' & $s1 & ', ' & $s2 & ', ' & $s3, 1)

EndFunc

Thanks, tried this but GuiGetMsg() always returns 0.

jh

Read the help file about GUI MessageLoop Mode. Read the help file and you'll see that GuiGetMsg() = 0 just means nothing is happening. The help file says it will be something other than 0 only when a Window action, like clicking on the red X, happens. And while you're at it, read the help file...

:shocked:

P.S. Have you read the help file yet?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Read the help file about GUI MessageLoop Mode. Read the help file and you'll see that GuiGetMsg() = 0 just means nothing is happening. The help file says it will be something other than 0 only when a Window action, like clicking on the red X, happens. And while you're at it, read the help file...

:shocked:

P.S. Have you read the help file yet?

OK, I should have stated that it always returns a zero when I click the red X.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...id=330220&#

Complete Edit

I have read it many times, msg loop and event mode under gui concepts

Edited by hmsSurprise

OK, I should have stated that it always returns a zero when I click the red X.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...id=330220&#

Complete Edit

I have read it many times, msg loop and event mode under gui concepts

I don't think you can run event mode and get messages from GuiGetMsg() at the same time. You picked event mode with:

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

You'll find that in the h... well, you know! :shocked:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I don't think you can run event mode and get messages from GuiGetMsg() at the same time. You picked event mode with:

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

You'll find that in the h... well, you know! :shocked:

Danged iffen it ain't. Well I have a propensity for not seeing what I am staring at, (grammar check) forest for the trees, etc. Just cut and pasted the display from something else that has been working for 4-5 days ( a major percentage of my time as a autoit cobbler) and was sure it worked just fine.

Thanks for setting me straight (AutoIt-wise, think I am OK otherwise).

Sorry if I have worn out my welcome.

Will try to stay off the list

for at least 5 minutes. :">