Has anyone scripted a script that can test that installed software works?

Hi,

Has anyone scripted a script that can test the installation of installed software. For example the script may- open up excel - open a document - print document -(check basc functionality of the software) then open up word, powerpoint etc and then log any failures. If anyone has done this please reply.

A rather broad subject you have brought up is it not..:shocked:

And yes we all ( probably ) have done it for some kind of software.

Hi,

Has anyone scripted a script that can test the installation of installed software. For example the script may- open up excel - open a document - print document -(check basc functionality of the software) then open up word, powerpoint etc and then log any failures. If anyone has done this please reply.

Don't the programs you have mentioned have a 'repair install' option which you could invoke to make sure it was all working well?

Hi People,

I suppose I was a little vague in what I was trying to ask. I am looking at an easier way to test the functionality of installed software. Instead of myself opening up "X" amount of programs to make sure that they can do their set tasks. I was hoping thatI could do this via macro scripting. If you have ever done this kind of testing you will know it cna do your head in and besides you can become lazy and not do all the checks. I have tried using macro type recording software and it sort of works fine until something goes wrong. I just need a point in the right direction.

Hi People,

I suppose I was a little vague in what I was trying to ask. I am looking at an easier way to test the functionality of installed software. Instead of myself opening up "X" amount of programs to make sure that they can do their set tasks. I was hoping thatI could do this via macro scripting. If you have ever done this kind of testing you will know it cna do your head in and besides you can become lazy and not do all the checks. I have tried using macro type recording software and it sort of works fine until something goes wrong. I just need a point in the right direction.

The macro recorder would form the basis of a good suite of tests you can expand on.