Odd thing I need

I have a odd problem to solve, I need A to happen before B does, and the only reliable way to do that is to slow down the harddrive LOL

I need the best hd speed consuming algorithm you can come up with, which as a called .au3.exe will be simply killed when dragging is no long desired,

now please post your slow code LOL!

I am loading two instances of an MMORPG and one has to be started loading without the fisrtt one finish first,

this is an odd problem that only exist in certain criterias, yet that's the thing I need to solve.

Essentially I need to slow the loading of the first one, so the second one can start loading before the first one finishes, or I have to slow down the while computer overall.

LOL I need that only for 10 seconds every time I run the script.

But no really, could you write a infinite loop that burdens the hd for me ? I am out of clues.

p.s. I think if your harddrive last you two years, it's far enough. I owning my laptop for its 7th year and with the way I do things it's still good.

Wouldn't an infinite loop that burdens the hard disk cause damage to the drive? Remind me not to run your script.

It most certainly would, like driving a car across a continent non-stop without an oil change, over and over again. Sounds to me that a BSOD screen is bound to occur by doing this. Simply set the priority of one of the game processes to low and the other to above normal. If that doesn't work, you can use my suspendprocess UDF that Manadar already pointed out. Since the processes have the same name, you will need to use their PID. Each process has a unique PID. You can get it from the return value of Run().

I would recommend you use the _ProcessSuspend() method to slow down the other game. Otherwise, once the first one starts loading, the second one will simply load everything much faster since all the data is already cached.

NOTE: ProcessSuspend only works on XP and higher.

-The Kandie Man :shocked:

Edited by The Kandie Man

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire