Getting groups ID...

Hi Colleagues,

I would like to know the best way to get the group identifier (or groups ID) for any specific user...

Regards,

David

GID is a unix concept. Windows users don't exactly have a primary group. Are you just looking for the "member of" list from AD, or local machine?

:shocked:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hello, Mr. PsaltyDS,

Thanks a lot for your interest !

GID is a unix concept.

Excuse-me... unix is sometimes more comprehensible than windows for me...

Windows users don't exactly have a primary group. Are you just looking for the "member of" list from AD, or local machine?

Maybe... yes. But depending on system language, members groups are according those languages...

cheers

Maybe... yes. But depending on system language, members groups are according those languages...

Huh???

:shocked:

If you mean "Power Users" might be translated to something else if the system's default lanquage is not English, that would only impact presentation of the group name to a user. Get the list by use of WMI COM objects and you can work with them anyway, without knowing beforehand what they might be. If you run "NET LOCALGROUPS" on the commandline you'll see the groups presented with any translation that might take place, I think. Can't test that right now.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law