the NOOB QUESTION

mircea

well i am a begginer at programing i did 2 years ago a few C++ (turbo C++) and now AutoIT so my big question is what helps you .DLL what they are doing with what they make the program work better and do you know some webpage with more detalis about tutorial AUTOIT except the tutorial from AutoIT (because some scripts from there are not working)

Newer thought I would say this. But could you please add some punctuation and capital letters? It would be a lot easier to understand then...:shocked:

Edited by Uten

Sorry i was watching TV and type-ing lol.

so this is my big and noob question; - at What helps a .dll file, at what makes the program better or what is doing

and the second question is - Is there other tutorial Except the tutorial from the AutoIT because some scripts from the tutorial are not working

Thank you and Sorry

1st: Thanks for the punctuation, now hows about some language structure?

i think you are asking one of the following, can't be sure though:

How do you make a .DLL ?

How do you find out what calls to use a .DLL for?

What do you need to do in AutoIT to use a .DLL?

is it one of those?

You also asked:

"at what makes the program better or what is doing"

What makes a program better is good, clean well structured code, that is well commented. What makes a program run better (in my opinion), is using the minimal amount of code required to perform the task, and error checking as much as you can.

2nd: Search the forums for AutoIT 123, it is a tutorial / knowledge quiz written in autoIT

What makes a program better is good, clean well structured code, that is well commented. What makes a program run better (in my opinion), is using the minimal amount of code required to perform the task, and error checking as much as you can.

This should be in big bold letters somewhere at the top of the autoit manual and on the website when downloading :(:shocked: It's something I'm learning everyday and is (in my opinion) so helpful especially when you're sharing script or reusing your own script.

A decision is a powerful thing

thank you but can you give me the answers to this

How do you make a .DLL ?

and at the first question comes another question - When you want to make a .dll what code you use there like you use at .exe or is totaly different and i BEG YOU please show me some example because now i am downloading Borland C++ and i want to learn C++ and Java and AutoIT because is a lot easy then C++ and is doing the same as C++ ( or almost)

thank you but can you give me the answers to this

How do you make a .DLL ?

and at the first question comes another question - When you want to make a .dll what code you use there like you use at .exe or is totaly different and i BEG YOU please show me some example because now i am downloading Borland C++ and i want to learn C++ and Java and AutoIT because is a lot easy then C++ and is doing the same as C++ ( or almost)

• You use a language that can make dll's C/C++ (search for mingw32, dev-cpp, codeblocks, borland will do to) or see my signature for a freebasic sample.
  • It has to be documented by the maker. Either true proper documents or quite often you can find the information in header files (*.h).
  • Read the help file on and search the forum for dllcall.
C/C++ samples are not so hard to find with google. There is even a sample in the autoit forum (or wiki) if I recall right. A freebasic sample is in my signature.

Happy Scripting..:shocked:

Edited by Uten

You need a compiler and a non-AutoIt language to create dynamic link libraries.

You need to check the documentation per library to find out what calls it contains. If no documentation is available, you can always try to interpret a dump of the library.

You use DllOpen, DllCall, DllClose, and DllStruct* to use libraries.