Can I install autoIT into a thumbdrive

Yes you can. The installer does write to drive C:\ but only for context menu and file type associations. I have AutoIt on my 4GB SanDisk Cruzer with pstart and never have any issues. Just copy C:\Program Files\AutoIt and all subfolder to your flash drive.

GoogleDude

why bother? if u just wanna run the script u made, just compile it... unless you need the editor, which u just put scite & autoit installer on your thumdrive... autoit and scite installer uses windows registry to put file type information and installation record so it can be uninstalled if you wish someday.

Yes you can. The installer does write to drive C:\ but only for context menu and file type associations. I have AutoIt on my 4GB SanDisk Cruzer with pstart and never have any issues. Just copy C:\Program Files\AutoIt and all subfolder to your flash drive.

GoogleDude

Many Thanks to soulhealer and GoogleDude. Originally I dont know what is pstart, I then do a search and now I've downloaded that start s/w in my thumbdrive. I have also install autoIT into my thumbdrive.

why bother? if u just wanna run the script u made, just compile it... unless you need the editor, which u just put scite & autoit installer on your thumdrive... autoit and scite installer uses windows registry to put file type information and installation record so it can be uninstalled if you wish someday.

soulhealer

Just for peace of mind, I've decided to install in my thumbdrive. I am beginning to love AutoIT because I love automation and I dont know much about programming languages but fortunately I did take the trouble to read on "Perl" a few yrs back and I noted that autoIT and perl is quite the same. Edited by jimmyjmmy