Copy dir with progress - need some help

Hello,

I've got this problem. I've searched whole forum for copy dir with progress and seen a lot of solutions that were kinda not what i realy wanted so i wrote my own one. What it does it copies dir with xcopy and compares destination and source every number of seconds. It doesn't have to perfect because i'm using it to send files between countries so the speed is slow but the big problem of it is that it works perfect on small files that go fast and it updates progress nicely on GUI_LABEL. But when there is a big file that is 200mb of size and when it starts getting copied Dirsize for destination and source is in 1-2 second the same (because windows reports the file has already 200mb, as in reserving the space or so). xcopy process is still going but my script reports 100% done :/ I've implemented ProcessWaitClose to not go to copying to another server before the one is done because i don't want 12 xcopy's running and network to die. So my question is, can this be done better but keeping it the way it is ? I wouldn't like to start the windows copying file window as it is visible (unless it can be hidden? but then how to report progress of it to $GUI_LABEL). I've seen other solutions like i said before and not realy sure if they suffer the same problem (maybe except the Windows one). Hope to get some advice from You :shocked:

Func _CopyDirectoryWithProgress($source, $destination, $update_label)
 Local $origdirsize, $copydirsize, $copy
 $origdirsize = DirGetSize($source)
 $copydirsize = DirGetSize($destination)
 If $origdirsize <> $copydirsize Then
  $copy = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c xcopy "' & $source & '" "' & $destination & '" /E /I /Y', "", @SW_HIDE)
  While 1
   Sleep(2000)
   $origdirsize = DirGetSize($source)
   $copydirsize = DirGetSize($destination)
   $percent = Round($copydirsize / $origdirsize * 100, 2)
   ;GUICtrlSetData($update_label, Round($copydirsize/1000,0) & " of " & Round($origdirsize/1000,0) & "KB (" & Round($copydirsize / 1000000, 2) & "/" & Round($origdirsize / 1000000, 2) & "MB) " & $percent & "%")
   GUICtrlSetData($update_label, Round($copydirsize / 1000, 0) & " of " & Round($origdirsize / 1000, 0) & "KB (" & $percent & "%)")
   If $origdirsize = $copydirsize Then
    GUICtrlSetData($update_label, "Copying still...")
    ProcessWaitClose($copy)
    GUICtrlSetData($update_label, "Finally done!")
    ExitLoop
   EndIf
  WEnd
 Else
  $percent = Round($copydirsize / $origdirsize * 100, 2)
  GUICtrlSetData($update_label, Round($copydirsize / 1000, 0) & "KB of " & Round($origdirsize / 1000, 0) & "KB (" & $percent & "%)")
  ;"Idling...123233333334576890"
  ;GUICtrlSetData($update_label, Round($copydirsize/1000,0) & "KB of " & Round($origdirsize/1000,0) & "KB (" & Round($copydirsize / 1000000, 2) & "/" & Round($origdirsize / 1000000, 2) & "MB) " & $percent & "%")
 EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_CopyDirectoryWithProgress

Cheers :(

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...