Only 64KB of window text? Why?

flat5

I am trying to retrieve large amounts of a text from a window. For some reason, WinGetText states a 64KB limit that appears to be correct - after a certain size, the text becomes severely truncated (not to 64 KB, but much less, it seems).

How do I get around this? Why this 64KB limitation?

Afaik it is a windows limitation, not autoit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, well that is odd considering the window seems to have no trouble displaying the full amount of text. Only AutoIt has trouble retreiving it.

I will have to check carefully to see if it is actually the 64KB limit I am running into. The symptom is that the text, at some size, comes back severely truncated.

Thanks.

• Administrators

Hmm, well that is odd considering the window seems to have no trouble displaying the full amount of text.  Only AutoIt has trouble retreiving it.

I will have to check carefully to see if it is actually the 64KB limit I am running into.  The symptom is that the text, at some size, comes back severely truncated.

Thanks.

See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wi.../wm_gettext.asp

To get more text than that from a rich text control you have to use other means. We've never bothered to be honest as it's never been a major (or even minor) issue :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to reopen this thread, but I'm also desperate for a way to retrieve >32kb of text from a text window without having to use mouse input. (btw I have also experienced that IRL 32kb is the limit and not 64kb as stated in the manual.)

Please do try to get rid of this limitation or try to increase the limit as much as possible!

Or is there a workaround?

for all the rest Autoit just rules! :)

greetz!