screen shot

how do I take a screen shot ?

If you don't want to use Dlls, use the ScreenCap module from Auto3Lib. It's written completely in native AutoIt code and allows you to save the image as a BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG or TIF file. You can capture the full screen, part of the screen or a window of any application. You can also capture the cursor as part of the screen shot. Lastly, you can specifiy several parameters for the screen shot such as BMP pixel format, JPG quality and TIF compression.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

If you don't want to use Dlls, use the ScreenCap module from Auto3Lib. It's written completely in native AutoIt code and allows you to save the image as a BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG or TIF file. You can capture the full screen, part of the screen or a window of any application. You can also capture the cursor as part of the screen shot. Lastly, you can specifiy several parameters for the screen shot such as BMP pixel format, JPG quality and TIF compression.

how do I use auto3lib?

it's not under the autoit3 folder.

• 4 months later...

Also, I want this to be silent for all our users here so the print screen and then paste into paintbrush just won't work for us. What about a program that just saves clipboard contents to a file??? that would be so much easier and a bit less intrusive...