Windows borderwidth

Hi!

I tried to work with relative coords, but I can´t get the borderwidth of the window.

I read a value from registry (-15), but the resulting coords aren´t correct.

I took x + x(window) + x(control) + (-borderwidth) ; '-' because it´s a negative value => big errors

Then I took x + x(window) + x(control) + (-borderwidth/2) ; '-' because it´s a negative value => little errors, but not correct...

Is there another way to read the borderwidth?

Made I an error?

Best regards,

Matg40

Hi!

I tried to work with relative coords, but I can´t get the borderwidth of the window.

I read a value from registry (-15), but the resulting coords aren´t correct.

I took x + x(window) + x(control) + (-borderwidth) ; '-' because it´s a negative value => big errors

Then I took x + x(window) + x(control) + (-borderwidth/2) ; '-' because it´s a negative value => little errors, but not correct...

Is there another way to read the borderwidth?

Made I an error?

Best regards,

Matg40

AFAIK, the correct way to get the border width of a window is with the GetSystemMetrics API call. Using Auto3Lib, it would look like this:

#include <A3LWinAPI.au3>

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("Window border width: " & _API_GetSystemMetrics($SM_CXBORDER))

You can used GetSystemMetrics to find out a host of other things too. Check out this MSDN link for more information. All fo the SM_ constants are defined in Auto3Lib if you want to play around with them.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt