NOOB needs help

NOOB requests help I am a beginner.

I need to create this automated script with a user friendly interface where the user enters 1. the local download path and can paste

2. URL to download from

3. then execute:

I need a dialogue box allowing entry of a local download path.

It would be nice if this info could be saved by different users on their systems, Im not quite sure how to do this, perhaps a cookie?

I will need a second input box which will allow entry of an http URL including a filename to download, using InetGet.

I would like to have this file unzipped to the locally entered download path.

So far I can get the file to download to a directory specified in the script.

I would like the download directory and URL to be assigned as variables using the info supplied by the two data entry fields.

I do not know the proper syntax for using variables with InetGet , nor do I know how to unzip these files with the script.

Help would be appreciated,

Thank you, Michael contact mglenn@cs-kc.com

NOOB requests help I am a beginner.

I need to create this automated script with a user friendly interface where the user enters 1. the local download path and can paste

2. URL to download from

3. then execute:

I need a dialogue box allowing entry of a local download path.

It would be nice if this info could be saved by different users on their systems, Im not quite sure how to do this, perhaps a cookie?

I will need a second input box which will allow entry of an http URL including a filename to download, using InetGet.

I would like to have this file unzipped to the locally entered download path.

So far I can get the file to download to a directory specified in the script.

I would like the download directory and URL to be assigned as variables using the info supplied by the two data entry fields.

I do not know the proper syntax for using variables with InetGet , nor do I know how to unzip these files with the script.

Help would be appreciated,

Thank you, Michael contact mglenn@cs-kc.com

:shocked: Ok, I am stumbeling through the help files and here is what I have put together:

I would like to use ClipGet to populate the top field when the script is started but I simply don't know how.

The second field needs to provide a path on the local P.C. for download and extraction of the file specified from the URL in the top field.

Yes, I am hacking at this, LOL, but I am learning.

How do I link ClipGet data into the top field and how do I get the file to download to the directory?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

;$bak = ClipGet()

;MsgBox(0, "Clipboard contains:", $bak)

;ClipPut($bak & "additional text")

;MsgBox(0, "Clipboard contains:", ClipGet())

GUICreate(" Forgotten Skies Mission download", 620,180, @DesktopWidth/2-160, @DesktopHeight/2-45, -1, 0x00000018); WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES

$file = GUICtrlCreateInput( "Paste FS Mission URL from HyperLobby here", 10, 5, 600, 20)

GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_DROPACCEPTED)

$btn = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Click to paste the URL copied from HL pager", 160, 75, 300, 20)

GUICtrlCreateInput ("C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Net\dogfight\DCG", 10, 35, 600, 20) ; will not accept drag&drop files

$btn = GUICtrlCreateButton ("Ok", 40, 75, 60, 20)

GUISetState ()

GUICtrlCreateLabel ("1. enter the URL copied from Hyper Lobby into the top text box. Change the download directory path if necessary", 10,100)

$msg = 0

While $msg <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

Select

Case $msg = $btn

exitloop

EndSelect

Wend

Edited by Michael R. Glenn