BlogIt!

sandman

I am no longer working on this project. theguy0000 has taken over, see here.

(old topic, look up for newer updates)

Current Version: 0.23

I recently got very interested in web-based scripts after learning a bit about them, as I used to spend virtually all my time coding websites. I saw that topic and said, "Oh, this is my specialized area!"

So, I fiddled around a bit with FrontPage, and out came BlogIt! Right now, it's really bad.. but it serves its basic function, which is to show posts, I guess. :shocked:

Preview(currently running 0.23) : http://blog.theguy0000.com

Thanks theguy0000!

And that's pretty much it! I will include a download link for anyone who would like to try this out with their own computer. Also, please tell me if you are planning to host this, so that I can link to you.

blogit_v_0_23.zipPrevious downloads: 67

Features

• Friendly, secure environment
  • Entry archiving (look in the entries folder after you post!)
  • Descending order of posts
  • IP Banning
Future Features
  • Option for admin to delete posts
  • Post title option
  • Automatic tag-closing
  • SKIN CHOOSER (but not for a while! ;) )
Changelog:

v0.23

-Thanks again to theguy0000 for this version also :(

-Various security updates

-Fixed Javascript security flaws

-Disallowing CSS in posts

v0.22

-MUCH thanks to theguy0000 for this new version, by the way!

-IP banning

-CSS bug fixed

-Descending order of posts

-HTML made more consistent

-removed archiving altogether

v0.21

- Added optional archiving

v0.2

- Fixed massive security flaws, outlawing all use of HTML except for bold, italics, underline, <a> tags, and strikethrough.

- Now automatically formats line breaks to <br />

Special Thanks To:

• Chip - for notifying me about the MASSIVE Javascript FLAW!
  • Senton-Bomb - hosting an example
  • theguy0000 - creating a complete new version (0.22), giving an extremely large amount of help and support, wrote HTML disallow code
  • Spyrorocks - showing us another javascript flaw (but not in the best way possible.. or at least I don't consider making the reader unable to see the page best :P )
Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool. Haven't seen it yet.... I think your asleep... :shocked: I've never thought of doing something like that.... I might have a go at doing something similar, but different :P

EDIT: Or not asleep.... Its not working for me :(

Edited by Bert

EDIT: Or not asleep.... Its not working for me :(

How is it not working? It works fine for me.

Edit: Oh, wait.. I think my ISP blocks any webhosting unless it's by them. :shocked: So I guess you will have to use it on your own computer to try it out.

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

How is it not working? It works fine for me.

Edit: Oh, wait.. I think my ISP blocks any webhosting unless it's by them. :shocked: So I guess you will have to use it on your own computer to try it out.

Ok then.... :(

A bit of a problem from fast dump:

I was sure I was using FF.... Oh well :P

Hah, you have a lot to learn! :shocked:

The IP numbers 192.168.x.x are only accessible from inside your network, when we try to connect to that IP we will be looking inside our own network. Clicking that link will always fail. You should post your public IP adress (Get it from _GetIP() function) here, so that we may connect to the first device connected to your modem. Should this device be a router, you should set up something called Port Forwarding, so that we may be redirected to the correct device in your network, that is hosting the website.

Ok then.... :shocked:

A bit of a problem from fast dump:

I was sure I was using FF.... Oh well :(

Yeah, that happened to me, too... Very retarded of them to do that.

Lol, when you click the forum link at the top, it goes to RAP forums. :shocked:

Yeah :(

I grabbed the template from the RAP homepage.. that shows how lazy I am :P

Javascript can be openly posted.:/

Javascript can be openly posted.:/

huh?

This is AutoIt, not javascript!

But if you meant to say AutoIt.. it's in the .ZIP file. Wayyy too many files to post on one topic, though.

Edited by sandman

I meant as in it has serious exploits. Try posting

<script>alert("Hey I'm using Javascript")</script>

lol, i like the google thing though lol.

Sandman, do you mind if a do some mods to it to make it more secure and stuff?

EDIT: I took the original down. I will make some mods later

Edited by Senton-Bomb

I'm trying to write a stringregexp to catch all html tags except the basics (b, i, u, and s) but it isn't going so well...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

Yeah, you guys can mod it all you want. If you are going to release it, I was almost finished with a mod that would put newest posts at top. PM me if you want the code. Also, a post title would be nice... :shocked:

Edited by sandman