Question regarding disabling controls

Hello. I'm having trouble grasping the concept of disabling controls in a GUI. From what I could find, the help file seems vague to me regarding what I am trying to do. Perhaps I am reading it incorrectly or just not making the connection, which is why I am asking if someone can provide a small example of accomplishing the following task.

What I am trying to do, is have a checkbox, that retrieves it's status (checked or unchecked) from a registry value. Now, if the box is checked, I want two to three inputs to be grayed out and unusable, whether checked via the registry value or by the user. And ofcourse become usable if the user unchecks the checkbox.

I'm sorry if this is listed in the helpfile, I have attempted to do this for a couple days now (couple hours each) and been unsuccessful. If there is a clear cut and dry example in the helpfile please direct me to it. If not, I would very much appreciate it if someone could provide an example of how I should go about this. Thanks for your help.