Ctrl+Tab in SciTE... doesn't work for me.

Okay, so ever since I started using SciTE I was unimpressed that I couldn't use Ctrl+Tab to move between the open files, I had to use Ctrl+PgUp\PgDown. I'm used to Ctrl+Tab, it works in IE, and FireFox, and well.. just about everything.

But I put up with it, thinking it was a SciTE limitation. I even looked into the SciTE documentation and tried to manually add them as user defined hotkeys, but no dice. So I gave up.

Fast forward a year or so and I mention SciTE to a friend, and he grabs it and likes it and etc (using it for web development, I haven't been able to lure him into AutoIt yet). So I'm talking to him about it and I mention that I don't like the lack of Ctrl+Tab, and he gives me this weird look... then he presses Ctrl+Tab in his window and lo and behold the window changes!

So now I don't know what to do. I just tried removing all the *.properties files and running SciTE and nothing. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening to me? Does Ctrl+Tab get UNset somewhere in the SciTE4AutoIt installation?

*Edit: Just for clarification, I removed all the .properties files in the SciTE folder (C:\Program Files\SciTE\) and put them somewhere else, then I disabled the SciTEUser.properties (in C:\Documents and Settings\Rob), and then I disabled the AutoIt3.Lua file as well.

*Edit2: I just downloaded the standalone SciTE (not the 4AutoIt package) and by default it doesn't use Ctrl+Tab (which I thought was odd because the documentation claims they work), but I can manually add them in as user hotkeys, and they work fine. I double checked (more like triple or quadruple) adding them manually with SciTE4AutoIt and still no dice. I can only guess that somewhere else in the package Ctrl+Tab is getting set to some other action.

Edited by Saunders

Okay, so ever since I started using SciTE I was unimpressed that I couldn't use Ctrl+Tab to move between the open files, I had to use Ctrl+PgUp\PgDown. I'm used to Ctrl+Tab, it works in IE, and FireFox, and well.. just about everything.

But I put up with it, thinking it was a SciTE limitation. I even looked into the SciTE documentation and tried to manually add them as user defined hotkeys, but no dice. So I gave up.

Fast forward a year or so and I mention SciTE to a friend, and he grabs it and likes it and etc (using it for web development, I haven't been able to lure him into AutoIt yet). So I'm talking to him about it and I mention that I don't like the lack of Ctrl+Tab, and he gives me this weird look... then he presses Ctrl+Tab in his window and lo and behold the window changes!

So now I don't know what to do. I just tried removing all the *.properties files and running SciTE and nothing. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening to me? Does Ctrl+Tab get UNset somewhere in the SciTE4AutoIt installation?

*Edit: Just for clarification, I removed all the .properties files in the SciTE folder (C:\Program Files\SciTE\) and put them somewhere else, then I disabled the SciTEUser.properties (in C:\Documents and Settings\Rob), and then I disabled the AutoIt3.Lua file as well.

*Edit2: I just downloaded the standalone SciTE (not the 4AutoIt package) and by default it doesn't use Ctrl+Tab (which I thought was odd because the documentation claims they work), but I can manually add them in as user hotkeys, and they work fine. I double checked (more like triple or quadruple) adding them manually with SciTE4AutoIt and still no dice. I can only guess that somewhere else in the package Ctrl+Tab is getting set to some other action.

The only thing I can tell you is that CTRL+TAB works fine for me, and has always worked fine a.f.a.i.k.. Have you, just to be sure, tried just reinstalling the whole bunch to a new directory (for testing purposes - to see if you have screwed up some settings or that it is a conflict with something else)? Just backup the old one. :shocked:

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

• Developers

Done it before, but just did it again. I actually installed from the zip (wscite173.zip) which didn't work. So I tried from an actual installer (contributed by Bruce Dodson), still didn't work. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a problem with my computer or something. :shocked:

You mean to say you are not using the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer ? :(

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You mean to say you are not using the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer ? :shocked:

Ctrl-Tab works on my installation of SciTE; but the tab order appears to be odd. I would expect it to go through each buffer sequentially.

The initial order appears to be random, or related to the active tab when the first ctrl-tab is pressed.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

You mean to say you are not using the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer ? :shocked:

I originally used SciTE4AutoIt3 (and am now using it again). But was trying to figure out if it was the source of my problem, so uninstalled that, then tried SciTE from a zip, then used the installer I mention above.

Ctrl-Tab works on my installation of SciTE; but the tab order appears to be odd. I would expect it to go through each buffer sequentially.

The initial order appears to be random, or related to the active tab when the first ctrl-tab is pressed.

See, that's how the SciTE online documentation says it's supposed to behave (follows the z-order of buffers, or in other words, if you had tab 4 active, then 3, then 1, and now you're on tab 2, then when you press Ctrl+Tab, it should go back in the same order (1, 3, 4, then back to 2) at least that's how I understood it). Edited by Saunders

• Developers

I originally used SciTE4AutoIt3 (and am now using it again). But was trying to figure out if it was the source of my problem, so uninstalled that, then tried SciTE from a zip, then used the installer I mention above.

They are one and the same. I always use Neil's standard distribution as the SciTE.exe in SciTE4AutoIt3. :shocked:

Only the "lite" SciTE version, distributed together with the AutoIt3 installer, is one I created.

I did some testing and Ctrl+Tab jump back to the Tabs in the sequence they were last active. (Z-order)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Okay, I just created another user profile and ran SciTE through it.. and Ctrl+Tab works fine. :\

Is there anything besides SciTEUser.properties, that would be loaded on a per-user basis, that could cause this to happen?

Any of the loaded *.properties could override the standard behaviour of Ctrl+Tab.

The sequence is of importance is:

SciTEUser.properties

SciTE.Properties (in the current program directory)

au3.properties (and other language files)

SciTEGlobal.Properties

But SciTEUSer.properties is the only per user file.

:shocked:

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

*Edit: Wow, only took me like 12 hours to realize I double posted or smth. To make this post relevant...

Yeah I can't figure out what's going on JdeB. I tried removing all the *.properties files before running SciTE and I still get this glitch. I'm almost tempted to rebuild my profile... almost, but not quite.

Edited by Saunders