Web-help updated

GEOSoft

Just to let everyone know.

I've updated my AutoIt3 Webhelp to the latest beta version.

http://dundats.mvps.org/AutoIt/AutoIt3%20WebHelp/Index.htm

Edit: Now updated to AutoIt version 3.2.3.7

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I forgot to put the UDF link on the TOC frame so here it is

http://dundats.mvps.org/AutoIt/UDFs3%20WebHelp/Index.htm

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Nice! Looks very good, I'll bookmark that.

Thanks

I just added the link to the UDFs help file. It appears with a folder icon near the bottom of the TOC.

I'm hoping to get the time to change the script that creates the TOC frame to add tabs at the top so I can add an index and possibly search into it.

I first have to find out how to create the html so it works the same as the index tab in the chm file by jumping up the index list to characters that match the typed string.

George

It looks good already. Although the font color in the menu is a bit hard to read.

http://dundats.mvps.org/AutoIt/ is basically the same page as the one you posted, and it builds the frames too, only it puts 2 error messages inside the frames.

I'm going to be changing the font anyway. It's not too difficult at 800x600 resolution but over that makes the font too small in that color. Before I change colors though I want to finish experimenting with setting the font size according to the resolution.

BTW I just updated it to AutoIt version 3.2.3.7

George

@valuater.. Will do

@manadar the version was current when I made the post. Jon is just trying to ruin my day by updating it twice today.

Right now I'm uploading 147 other files so I will update the the latest version later tonight.

There are no major doc changes between the last 3 versions anyway.

George

@manadar the version was current when I made the post. Jon is just trying to ruin my day by updating it twice today.

Right now I'm uploading 147 other files so I will update the the latest version later tonight.

There are no major doc changes between the last 3 versions anyway.

I finally found the change log for the beta versions.

Here is what changed in the last two beta's:

3.2.3.9 (26th April 2007) (Beta)

- Changed: Performance improvements in StringStripWS().

- Fixed: Unicode regression in StringIsAlpha(), StringIsAlnum(), StringIsDigit(), StringIsXDigit(),
            StringIsLower(), StringIsUpper(), StringIsSpace(), StringIsASCII()

3.2.3.8 (25th April 2007) (Beta)

- Fixed: Regression in StringInStr().
- Fixed: Possible crash when using StringStripWS(), flag 4 and empty strings.

That comes down to... Not much?

I finally found the change log for the beta versions.

Here is what changed in the last two beta's:

3.2.3.9 (26th April 2007) (Beta)

- Changed: Performance improvements in StringStripWS().

- Fixed: Unicode regression in StringIsAlpha(), StringIsAlnum(), StringIsDigit(), StringIsXDigit(),
            StringIsLower(), StringIsUpper(), StringIsSpace(), StringIsASCII()
3.2.3.8 (25th April 2007) (Beta)

- Fixed: Regression in StringInStr().
- Fixed: Possible crash when using StringStripWS(), flag 4 and empty strings.

That comes down to... Not much?

That comes down to just a couple of doc changes. Introduction.htm and the change log. But just to be sure I run a folder compare before I upload. At this moment I haven't even started the decompile process for 3.2.3.9. I did 3.2.3.8 earlier today but the version was changed before I coud upload. No matter, it only takes about 20 seconds from the time I start the decompile until the entire set of web pages is ready. Then I do the folder compare so I only have to upload changed files.

George

Updated to v.3.2.3.9

@manadar

It was actually 5 files plus the main frame page for the version number in the title tag.

George

That comes down to just a couple of doc changes. Introduction.htm and the change log. But just to be sure I run a folder compare before I upload. At this moment I haven't even started the decompile process for 3.2.3.9. I did 3.2.3.8 earlier today but the version was changed before I coud upload. No matter, it only takes about 20 seconds from the time I start the decompile until the entire set of web pages is ready. Then I do the folder compare so I only have to upload changed files.

Sounds like lots of work. Can you automate the process?

You think 20 seconds plus the file compare time is a lot of work????????????

It takes longer to find the time to do the upload than anything.

The process is automated. If I was opening a new online site so all the files had to be uploaded then the time from when I first right-click the chm file until the site is read for upload (using AutoIt3.chm) is something between 15 and 20 seconds and half of that is in the time it takes me to make a selection in the combobox of 1 popup window(selecting the default file to open). If the name of introction.htm was changed to index.htm then even that process would not happen.

Updated again to 3.2.3.10

George

Yesterday it was updated to 3.2.3.11 and today to 3.2.3.12

From now on however just look for any of my posts and my signature will show the current uploaded version of the on-line help.

George

I have just fixed the font size issue for the tree structure in the TOC frame where lower levels of the tree were too difficult to read at over 800x600 resolution.

George

• 2 weeks later...

After some code changes to the scrip I use to create the web pages I ran a time test

With the preview in browser option turned on,

From the time I right-clicked the AutoIt3.chm File and chose Decompille it was 6.054 seconds until the pages were created and open in IE'

At that point the files are ready for upload. That used to take in the neighborhood of 15 seconds.

Because I don't have a script for creating a patch at this point, I have to take another 10 to 15 minutes to manually create one from the list in WinMerge. I'm working on writing that now.

Now you can't say that's a lot of work for the results I get.

George

Updated to rc2

Read the warning in my sig.

George