Multiple Desktops - V 1.5.1

Achilles

For ideas, check out Vern from www.oneguycoding.com. I use this on every machine I log into (400+), as I can't live without it. You may find some good feature ideas by looking at it...

Wow, this program is pretty sweet ... If I could somehow integrate that with my program, what would be awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!

i like this script its nice and very usefull maybe set some hotkeys to swith between decktops like shift + page up and shift + page down

Thanks! And I'll try adding those hotkeys in, should be pretty easy and it would be pretty useful...
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggestion:

Can you make it not to change the order of icons.. when switching desktops..

Do Not Steal The Government Hates CompetitionO2JAM AutoPlayBot [|||||.............] 10%Friendster Commenter [..................] 0%Auto Message Download Percentage [|||||||||||||||||] 100%

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=33677

Thats Auto3Lib and it contains A3LListview.au3. Requires beta so make shure you have it installed.

Might want to take a look at the GDI+ and ScreenCap demos in Auto3Lib too. You can use Auto3Lib to convert files into BMP format without having to use an external program. If you're interested and need help, drop me a line sometime.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

I suppose this is a good idea to have just in case the user messes with the folders. But since at the beginning it creates the dir if it doesn't already exist $priorDesktops should always be an array...

I looked at the code to make the Default directory and made a discovery. DirGetSize($desktopsDir, 1) returns an array with 3 values because you have the flag set to 1, comparing an entire array to 1 does not work properly and will result in unexpected results. Changing that to 0 will return the only the size as an Int and will work with the comparison.

Edit: yep that seems to have fixed the problem, i ran your script w/o any of my changes that i have mentioned before and it works fine now.

Edited by smstroble

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Ok i finished pure autoit copys of savedesktop.exe and restoredesktop.exe

SaveDesktop

#include <A3LListView.au3>

$handle = ControlGetHandle("Program Manager", "", "SysListView321")

FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "\IconPos.ini")
For $i = 0 to _ListView_GetItemCount($handle)
    $pos = _ListView_GetItemPosition($handle, $i)
    $name = _ListView_GetItemText($handle, $i)
    If $pos[0] = True Then
        IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\IconPos.ini", "Positions by Name", $name & "x", $pos[1])
        IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\IconPos.ini", "Positions by Name", $name & "y", $pos[2])
    EndIf
Next
Exit
I get an error with this one:

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LWinAPI.au3 (1867) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$iPID = $tPID.ID

$iPID = $tPID^ ERROR

Any idea why?
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I get an error with this one: ......

Any idea why?

Your not running it in Beta AutoIt.

If your using Scite to run the script then Alt + F5 to run it with beta autoit.

If you get an error that can't find A3LListView.au3 when running it in beta autoit then copy all A3Lxxxxx.au3 files from

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\

to

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\

The above paths are providing your AutoIt/AutIt Beta are at default paths.

(xxxxx being file name after A3L)

Cheers

Edited by smashly

You might also want to add a warning when files are in use within the desktop...

Do Not Steal The Government Hates CompetitionO2JAM AutoPlayBot [|||||.............] 10%Friendster Commenter [..................] 0%Auto Message Download Percentage [|||||||||||||||||] 100%

can you add these please!!!

It would make it so much easyer for people who don't undertsand...

Can someone please make a Gui with all of that in...

but also a tree view with all of the desktops in as well...

It works like a charm... but I had to deatle the dll in satrt up it lags it like hell

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

Thanks for all the replies!

@smashly: Thanks, that works good now... I thought I had made beta default but I guess not.

@Geocine: Ok, I'll do that

@Salazar Cheats: I don't really understand what you want me to add... If your talking about keeping the icon positions then I'm working an adding that, but what would I need to make a gui of?

@thenewkid: Yes that would be possible and I'll add it once I make all these improvements

I'll let you know when once I've updated

Ok, new problem, when i create a desktop the desktops i can choose from in the tray icon menu is unchanged, I have to close and restart the program to get the new desktops in the menu.

Thanks for noticing that, I've been to busy checking the new fixes that I didn't realize that this wasn't working. I've fixed that problem temporarily and plan to make a better adjustment later.

@Salazar Cheats: I don't really understand what you want me to add... If your talking about keeping the icon positions then I'm working an adding that, but what would I need to make a gui of?

I'll let you know when once I've updated

]

urm i meen all of the optians that u get in the menu version but in a giu version but when you minamize it goes to the version u have now with the menu

Ok im 14 with a spelling age of a 9 year old... that explanes all my spelling mistakes

Just curious but did you get permission from M$ for this tool? LOL, they have this as a pwertoy and I'm sure M$ will be asking you to stop your anti-M$ ways :)

Just Be Careful!

Digital Chaos - Life as we know it today.I'm a Think Tank. Problem is, my tank is empty.The Quieter you are, the more you can HearWhich would you choose - Peace without Freedom or Freedom without Peace?Digital Chaos Macgyver ToolkitCompletely Dynamic MenuSQLIte controlsAD FunctionsEXCEL UDFPC / Software Inventory UDFPC / Software Inventory 2GaFrost's Admin Toolkit - My main competitor :)Virtual SystemsVMWAREMicrosoft Virtual PC 2007

]

urm i meen all of the optians that u get in the menu version but in a giu version but when you minamize it goes to the version u have now with the menu

I'll try adding one... It would probably be a more 'clean' way of dealing with all the desktops.

@dinodad

Just curious but did you get permission from M$ for this tool? LOL, they have this as a pwertoy and I'm sure M$ will be asking you to stop your anti-M$ ways smile.gif

Just Be Careful!

My terminology is lacking here. What is "$M"?

@Bert

I love it!! biggrin.gif GJ!!! dance.gif Congrats on 300 post smile.gif

Thanks! Edited by Piano_Man