Pb with a simple run command with W2000

I 'd try to insert keys in the registry. Therefore i've make a autoit file compile in exe (scr.exe). I launch it by a other autoit file(lan.exe) which give this error :

unable to execute the run program

le chemin d'accès spécifié est introuvable (path file not found)

Both exe(lan and scr) are in the same directory H:\

lan.exe:

$USERNAME = "xxx"

$PASSWORD = "xxx"

If Not IsAdmin() Then

RunAsSet($USERNAME, @ComputerName, $PASSWORD)

Run("h:\scr.exe")

If @error = 1 Then

MsgBox(48, "Erreur", ".........")

EndIf

EndIf

RunAsSet()

I've tried Run("\\serv\toto\scr.exe") Run("scr.exe", @scriptdir, @SW_HIDE) Run("scr.exe"). The same message appears. The scr.exe alone works well.

Thanks for your help :ph34r:

Try:

an.exe:

$USERNAME = "xxx"
$PASSWORD = "xxx"

If Not IsAdmin() Then

RunAsSet($USERNAME, @ComputerName, $PASSWORD)
DriveMapAdd("H:", "\\serv\toto\")
Run("h:\scr.exe")
If @error = 1 Then
MsgBox(48, "Erreur", ".........")
EndIf

EndIf
RunAsSet()

If you use runas you do not have any mappings to the server., you create a new session...

Hinfie

a begin of response

The problem seems not to be dued to AUTOIT. The same pb appears with other .exe and even with a "regedit /s toto.reg " (enable to found toto.reg)

My mapped directory(H:\) where the two .exe are is on NETWare 5 server. When i put them on a windows 2000 server, my script works.

I think there is a pb whith login script Novell when a .exe launchs a onother .exe located on the same server.

Anyone has a idea??

I'm going to look for a explantion with the Novell's support

• Developers

a begin of response

The problem seems not to be dued to AUTOIT. The same pb appears with other .exe and even with a "regedit /s toto.reg "  (enable to found toto.reg)

My mapped directory(H:\) where the two .exe are  is on NETWare 5 server. When i put them on a windows 2000 server, my script works.

I think there is a pb whith login script Novell when a .exe launchs a onother .exe located on the same server.

Anyone has a idea??

I'm going to look for a explantion with the Novell's support

Thanks    :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BobIt,

You have to realize that you are changing the programs credentials after the Runas command. Does internal Adminitrator account have access to Novell ?

Often is better to copy the file to the local disk before doing the Runas() command and then run the program from the localdisk.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

a response to JdeB

The Novell'client connects to the Novell server and makes a map to the directory where the two autoit .exe are. The Novell's client have all the rights on this directory. In the same time, the client opens a local session on the computer with privileges of simple user. Using the "runasset" permits in fact to have administrator's rights to modify to the registry.

In order to answer to your question, there is no link between the local administrator of the W2000 PC and the user's rights on the novell's server. And it may be the pb ??? The test with "regedit /s toto.reg" has been done with Windows 98 which is less strict and it fails too.

I would test the copy in local. And I think that it will work. Unfortunately, when we have big files to execute, the copy though the network can take a long time.

• Developers

a response to JdeB

The Novell'client connects to the Novell server and makes a map to the directory where the two autoit .exe are. The Novell's client have all the rights on this directory. In the same time, the client opens a local session on the computer with privileges of simple user.  Using the "runasset" permits in fact to have administrator's rights to  modify to the registry.

In order to answer to your question, there is no link between the local administrator of the W2000 PC and the user's rights on the novell's server. And it may be the pb ??? The test with "regedit /s toto.reg" has been done with Windows 98 which is less strict and it fails too.

I would test the copy in local. And I think that it will work. Unfortunately, when we have big files to execute, the copy though the network can take a long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well i guess the point i am trying to make is that when your script is running on Pc and you do a RunAsSet command, from that moment on every program that is shelled by Run() or RunWait() will run under the new credentials and will not have access anymore to any networkshare that was MAPped for the User that logged on to Novell.

I don't understand the "Big file" remark you make. When you Run a program from a Fileservershare, it will also have to be downloaded by the pc first before execution, so theres no real difference when you first copy the file to localdisk, then do a RunAsSet() and then the RUN() command.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

the script with the copy of one of the .exe files on the local disk works.

It's right that the script(first .exe) is launched by the novell's user(it' works) and the second .exe in a run command by the local admin. And the local admin have no right on this directory but the error message is surprising "specified path file not found" because local admin knows the directory (because it is mapped before with the login script novell)

OR the error message has no meaning??

For the big file(> 3Mb), you are right because when the file is launched, it is charged any way in memory. No big difference with copy to the disk and launch.

:ph34r:

• Developers

but the error message is surprising "specified path file not found"  because local admin knows the directory (because it is mapped before with the login script novell)

OR the error message has no meaning??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am pretty sure that the drive mapped before the RunAsSet will not be available anymore after the RunAsSet and thus is the Error valid when you try to shell a program from a mapped drive ... Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am pretty sure that the drive mapped before the RunAsSet will not be available anymore after the RunAsSet and thus is the Error valid when you try to shell a program from a mapped drive ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it's right that I mapp the drive and the .exe are launched and then I unmapped the drive.

Must I remain the drive mapped to avoid the error and make the script worked ?

The operations are sequentials in a login script novell. Normally the .exe are launched before the drive becomes unmapped ....or there a pb of delay on my network...

Edited by bob IT

• Developers

Yes, it's right that I mapp the drive and the .exe are launched and then I unmapped the drive.

Must I remain the drive mapped to avoid the error  and make the script worked ?

The operations are sequentials in a login script novell. Normally the .exe are launched before the drive becomes unmapped ....or there a pb of delay on my network...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Believe that you are saying something different than i am trying to explain here.

The RunAsSet command will make ALL drives, that are mapped and existing at that particular moment, unavailable because you are changing the credential. So you need to copy the file to the c: drive before running the RunAsSet command in the script.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Think of it this way. The PC is logged on as user A. The drive is mapped as user A. When you use RunAsSet(), your script thinks its now logged on as user B. So now, when you try to use Run/RunWait, you are user B. user B must have that drive mapped for them, too. Once you use RunAsSet(), user A no longer matters, you're user B now.